Quantcast

What I think is awesome............

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
^^^I have a buddy that has two RC helicopters. He also has about 4 big a$$ airplanes too. He's way in to it. I think it's funny. I went to check it out with him one day just because he's so excited about it. He was the only person there that wasn't retired, or a little kid. Made me laugh.

Also have a few friends that are into the rock crawlers and the fast off road RC cars. One of the guys was climbing his crawler all over his DH bike one day after we did a few DH runs. Pretty impressive stuff. Not my cup of tea, but still impressive as hell when you think of all of the moving parts involved.

Sometimes they'll take their RC cars to the local jumps or skateparks. I think that's cool.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Couple pics from an Awesome day I had a few weeks ago

my trusty steeds

Atop one of my Favorite trails, Bennett Gap

Using nature to chill the post ride beers

Sweet waterfall

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
haha. I love that gay one. The funny thing is that those were two of the best MMA fighters in the world just a few years ago. They look so cute together.

I took JJ for a while. I love it. I also made my ex take it for rape prevention. They teach the ladies a lot of skills that require technique as opposed to strength. That stuff is great.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
I always loved Sciroccos, but there will always be a little place in my heart for it's nephew...

[/QUOTE]

ah yea. The Rado's. I love those cars too. Too bad they couldn't make the G60 more reliable. That supercharger just wouldn't run for very long at all.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I took JJ for a while. I love it. I also made my ex take it for rape prevention. They teach the ladies a lot of skills that require technique as opposed to strength. That stuff is great.
My wife is training to be an instructor for Portland Police's Womens Strength program. They cover a lot of escapes and holds. We roll in the living room to practice, it's awesome.

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
My wife is training to be an instructor for Portland Police's Womens Strength program. They cover a lot of escapes and holds. We roll in the living room to practice, it's awesome.

That's awesome. I miss rolling around. I don't miss getting my face smashed into the mats and getting all of those burns on my ears and neck. But that was so much fun to learn. Great exercise too. 15 minutes of hard rolling was better exercise than i'd get on a two hour xc ride.

I still remember how much i panicked the first few times i was in a choke. After that, you learn how to relax and still think instead of freakin out. Great stuff.

Royce was the man that put that stuff on the map. I'll have to see if i can find a pic of him when i go home.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
haha. I love that gay one. The funny thing is that those were two of the best MMA fighters in the world just a few years ago. They look so cute together.

I took it for a while too. Unfortunately it was full of super hot-headed 16-25 year old Brazillian coke-heads. I'm pretty sure a few of them were closet queers too. They weren't really there to learn, just to be better at getting in bar fights. It got old.

I didn't like the style much either. Going to the ground fast is basically an invitation for your opponents 6 friends to start kicking you in the ribs.

Now Muy Thai, that's a friggin sport....

Leppah

Turbo Monkey
Mar 12, 2008
Utar
Yeah. My class had a hot head too. He liked to be a little excessive with me because i was bigger than him. He'd been in it for 5 years already and figured he'd make himself feel better by constantly working the new guy over. I eventually complained to the instructor about him. Come to find out there were a lot of people that complained about him. So he finally had to mellow out or quit coming to the class.

I don't have to worry about getting in fights with anybody or their 6 friends usually.

muay Thai is awesome too. Anderson Silva and Wand are perfect examples of that discipline being very effective.