Quantcast

what is lactate threshold?

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Originally posted by the_prozac_kid
can someone explain what lactate threshold is and how if it does relate to max HR?:confused:

thanks
in simple terms it's the beats per minute that when you hit lactic acid is flushed through your body. there are a lot of different ideas on training theories on how to sustain and use that heart rate to your advantage.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Originally posted by the_prozac_kid
can someone explain what lactate threshold is and how if it does relate to max HR?:confused:

thanks
I have been doing HRM training for 4 months for endurance trail running - it works. My splits over 50K or 26.2 are pretty much even now.

Determining your lactate threshold turns out to be pretty simple. active.com does have a link that will calculate the threshold for the average person based on your resting HR, it is a bit conservative but was right on for me based on a resting heart rate of 48.

Your threshold is not static though, it is dependant upon many facters that can change daily based on your current state of fitness or fatigue.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by Serial Midget

Your threshold is not static though, it is dependant upon many facters that can change daily based on your current state of fitness or fatigue.
WORD! For that matter - your heart rate in general fluctuates based on your current state of fitness, illness, stress, fatigue, temperature......very sensitive.