Quantcast

What is this!?!?

Aug 22, 2004
you know??? i have been thinking about it and thats a hella good price!if it takes a 340lb guy it might be good for maybe Bender? just kidding,he's an idiot!

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
it was designed before these new mega shocks, and basically it was a simple design with a 1:1 or similarly low ratio for travel to shock. This allowed better control of the damping and ZERO blowouts (it's a snowmobile shock). I think the backend was pretty flexy, and check out the seatpost thing...kind of retarded. FTW offered a revised back end or seatpost or something...

Funny story: first ride at Pkill with my Straight six, back in like 2001 or 02 or so, some little dude riding one, couldn;t have been over 15, said he wished he was riding my bike...(nice ride...wish I had that....want to trade?) or something along those lines. I couldn't believe it, here I am on a 4 year old bike and he's got this brand new full on DHer...oh well.

CPC stopped making bikes. They still make other things though. I don't think it was a bad bike, persay, but not worth 1900, IMO.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Local guy had a CPC Patriot.

It had about a 2.2:1 leverage ratio on the shock IIRC (pretty sure it was about a 4.5" stroke shock) - low, but not unbelievably low (very low for a DH bike though). However, it's a snowmobile shock so it's pretty huge.

Low leverage ratio like that and a big shock are the only way some people can even use a bike. You weigh 300lbs and it becomes damn hard to find a spring that will support you...

Anyway. Interesting bike but not made particularly well and they don't serve much of a useful purpose now that there's shocks like the Avalanche and El Jefe around.