Quantcast

What is up with Atomlab?

joelalamo45

Monkey
Jun 25, 2007
Idaho Springs, Colorado
Anybody heard from these guys lately? I ordered stuff over two weeks ago and have basically heard nothing from them. I tried calling Mike on several occasions but his voicemail is full. I emailed their CS and have heard nothing. Hacksaw's voicemail is full as well. I have a couple of buds that ordered stuff over three weeks ago and are in the same boat as me.

Any ideas?

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
That's bad news.... I placed an order last week and haven't heard anything yet. Sent CS an email this morning, and was hoping to hear back soon. Sounds like that's not gonna happen. :rant:

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
If you placed an order , call the wearhouse in UTAH .
they ship everything from there , i dont even bother calling mike anylonger jsut call the wearhouse and place my orders direct !

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
that is strange they were very good about returning my phone calls and e-mails that i sent they when i bought my frame from them. they did admit at the time that they were very busy with shipments coming and going.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I bought an atomlab hub from Universal Cycle 2 weeks ago and tried to ask atomlab a question about it. All emails to every address on their site bounced and the phone was disconnected as well.

joelalamo45

Monkey
Jun 25, 2007
Idaho Springs, Colorado
I called the distributor and he said he would call Mike and try and find something out. He said he had the parts in stock that I wanted so he had no idea why there would be any sort of delay. I'll let you know what I hear...

joelalamo45

Monkey
Jun 25, 2007
Idaho Springs, Colorado
So Atomlab CS called me back... after I called 4 times in a row. They said that it was a dvd that was backordered that kept my order from being shipped. Said they will ship my order tomorrow.

Slow as hell but at least I heard something back.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I tried ordering some spindles/bearings/c-clips for some old aircorp pedals I have a while back. They were out of stock on the c-clips and bearings?! Forgot I placed an order, and ended up sending me a free t-shirt 2 months later with my spindles. Still no c-clips or bearings. I've been meaning to get down to the hardware store and check if they have any that will work

Strauss

Monkey
Aug 22, 2007
I tried ordering some spindles/bearings/c-clips for some old aircorp pedals I have a while back. They were out of stock on the c-clips and bearings?! Forgot I placed an order, and ended up sending me a free t-shirt 2 months later with my spindles. Still no c-clips or bearings. I've been meaning to get down to the hardware store and check if they have any that will work
I'd be very surprised if you're hardware store has the bearings you need. There are specialty shops and whatnot - I'd probably try the internet first.

dust4life

Chimp
May 1, 2008
Southwest CT
Have all you guys got your orders yet? I was thinking of placing an order with them also, but am a bit put of by the lack of response I have from them.
i was feeling the same way, ended up placing an order directly with mike yesterday. as it stands i'm super stoked about my order, mike really hooked me up. hopefully the building/shipping schedule will follow what i was told

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
Sorta off-topic but relates to Atomlab in that I just got my GI60 fork from UPS and did a quick install. Unfortunately it's crappy outside so I can't comment on how it rides. It does look cool. And I like the overall package of it but of course have some comments.

Once I get a starnut and the steerer tube cut I'll take some pics and post up what I think of it so far.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
To who ever asked the frame seatpost size, my pimp2 is something like 28.6 or something (All I can remember is I got a thompson seat post for it from my co-worker's old .243 frame)

And ya last time I called Mike at about 3PM a few months ago, he sounded wasted and told me to call back in a week. I was trying to get my money back for a double shipped item (Sent me 2 of the same thing, when I asked for one) but I just said forget it and payed for the damn spokes and nipples.

A Grove

Monkey
Nov 20, 2007
State College, PA
To who ever asked the frame seatpost size, my pimp2 is something like 28.6 or something (All I can remember is I got a thompson seat post for it from my co-worker's old .243 frame)

And ya last time I called Mike at about 3PM a few months ago, he sounded wasted and told me to call back in a week. I was trying to get my money back for a double shipped item (Sent me 2 of the same thing, when I asked for one) but I just said forget it and payed for the damn spokes and nipples.
So not only did they send you two, but they billed you for two as well?

IDK if this is a BS comment above or not - but if it isn't, people need to learn how to seperate play from work. I know if I was in that situation, I probably would not have picked up the phone :shocked:

Poops McDougal

moving to australia
May 30, 2007
Central California
So, anyone besides Don receive their orders yet? I spoke with CS last Monday, and was told my order would be shipping Tuesday morning, and that I should receive it Thursday. Not even a tracking # yet. :disgust1:

And Don - have you got a chance to check out that GI60? I've been super interested in one, but after this, I'm not so sure.

I hate to speak negatively about a company on a public forum, but this is a little out of hand.

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
mmm, check out the DJ forum on mtbr.com. I was going to post something on here when I had some time to download the pics and all. All in all, I'm not too siked on the fork although I think the design has a lot of potential.

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
mmm, check out the DJ forum on mtbr.com. I was going to post something on here when I had some time to download the pics and all. All in all, I'm not too siked on the fork although I think the design has a lot of potential.
ah mtbr, is there good stuff going on over there now? i need to sign up again. anyway, i dug up your review and it's good sh@t. all the points you brought up would piss me off too. seems like the only reason you would use this fork is piece of mind and knowing it's super burly...and that's about it.

DUKESofTAH0E

Monkey
Mar 27, 2006
northstar
looks like iam running into the same problem as some of you guys. they've allways been the quick to ship and notify company but are going down the drain fast now. lets hope hacksaw rights the ship over there and gets them back up to par.

DUKESofTAH0E

Monkey
Mar 27, 2006
northstar
props to hacksaw and mike over at atomlab. they seem to have fixed the issues they were having and have the new webstore up and running. so you guys should go check it out.