Quantcast

Check out my new service loaner!

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
The jx was based on the Pathfinder, which is a truck but a good vehicle. Had an fx35 before the rav4, that was an awesome vehicle, fearless in the snow, good performance, tiny inside, terrible gas mileage.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Pathfinder, which is a truck
I would argue that the Pathfinder hasn't been a truck since 2013. From 1996-2004 on it went unibody but still had a solid rear axle. 2005-2012 was body on frame but independent suspension all around, a weird compromise that won no fans. 2013+ has been bulbous and car-based, a Nissan version of the Pilot, if you will.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
So what do you think I should get asshole? A big gas hog pickup truck? My dick is a normal size. I have nothing to prove to you or anyone. If I like something and I can afford to buy it after I do my due diligence. I buy it. No need to check with my buddies or my wife. Hairdresser is a Noble pursuit as compared to a Car Salesman....
Geesh...low blow guy it was a joke. I don’t give a shit what I drive or what you drive, vehicles in general are fucking stupid and a waste of money.
As for my career , I make enough to live in a great home in a great school district and support my 2 kids and stay at home wife. If you want to compare W2’s over a cold beer when you’re in buffalo hit me up ;)

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I would argue that the Pathfinder hasn't been a truck since 2013. From 1996-2004 on it went unibody but still had a solid rear axle. 2005-2012 was body on frame but independent suspension all around, a weird compromise that won no fans. 2013+ has been bulbous and car-based, a Nissan version of the Pilot, if you will.
Any honest to FSM truck, requires at least 1 solid axle. I don't care how long the "bed" is or what size the tire. If it has 4 wheel independent suspension, your bitch ass is driving a mini-van.

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
wait wait wait....LOTUS!
If I had "Fuck You" money, I would love an Elise or Exige.

A coworker bought a V6 Touareg for $2000 off Craigslist. PO said that it seemed fine most of the time, but would just randomly die for no reason once in a while, and his mechanic couldn't figure it out. Just wanted it gone. Coworker figured out that the issue was that it had a split, two chambered gas tank that straddled the rear axle. There were two fuel pumps, one that fed the engine, and another that transferred gas from one chamber to the other. The latter had died, the upshot of which was, as long as he kept it over 1/3 of a tank it was fine. He's been driving it for 3 years trouble free. :rofl:
That is fucking stupid.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Geesh...low blow guy it was a joke. I don’t give a shit what I drive or what you drive, vehicles in general are fucking stupid and a waste of money.
As for my career , I make enough to live in a great home in a great school district and support my 2 kids and stay at home wife. If you want to compare W2’s over a cold beer when you’re in buffalo hit me up ;)
I retired in my 40's. No W-2 here. I just cook, ride bikes, travel around and eat pizza. I will be in Buffalo tommorrow to see the Maple Leafs spank the Sabres....

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
If I had "Fuck You" money, I would love an Elise or Exige.
AMG E63 Wagon, which I thought hard about with my last purchase, I probably could have swung it, but I would have treated it worse than it deserved as my one vehicle and kind of better to have a beater for the salt-season, but still, pretty much the ultimate F-you vehicle for me...

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
AMG E63 Wagon, which I thought hard about with my last purchase, I probably could have swung it, but I would have treated it worse than it deserved as my one vehicle and kind of better to have a beater for the salt-season, but still, pretty much the ultimate F-you vehicle for me...
yasssssssssss

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
This. The JX35/QX60 is a car platform. Not a drop of truck in this thing.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
is that a smudge on your windshield, or cooling burning off from a bad head gasket? could be either #fca

not mine, not likely to happen with the boss. the lease deal on them is great right now, and they're selling for $8k off msrp, though that might be even higher now. AND there's a used one nearby with the Q2 package...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Isn't there a c63 AMG for sale around these parts? I mean you'd have to road trip it over, but still. :busted:

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
I keep pondering Toyota FJ Cruiser's instead of 4Runner if wifey and I get a second car...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I keep pondering Toyota FJ Cruiser's instead of 4Runner if wifey and I get a second car...
One of my buddies rolled his in a snow filled ditch, on the first day he got it. They just tipped it over and drove away. The only thing that broke was the side mirror. His wife didn't even notice.

They seem cool. Though I spent 6 hours in the back of it on the way to Bromont once. That wasn't very fun.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I had the opportunity to whip a 4runner recently. Very capable and fun. Handled deep snow and mud very well. Plenty of horsepower and agility. Winch was wonky and the roof rack was not very practical. Barely pulled out my tractor.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Hi people who don't care about things!

Went back to Carmax and re-test-drove the CTS Vsport. They fixed the turbo or whatever was making that noise. zomg that car is wonderful. A good mix of lux and athletics and way too much power. sun shades for the kids...and cue isn't that horrible.

still working with the alfa ppl to see if there's a decent way to get what I want in a lease. Don't really have any other idiotic updates for you.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hi people who don't care about things!

Went back to Carmax and re-test-drove the CTS Vsport. They fixed the turbo or whatever was making that noise. zomg that car is wonderful. A good mix of lux and athletics and way too much power. sun shades for the kids...and cue isn't that horrible.

still working with the alfa ppl to see if there's a decent way to get what I want in a lease. Don't really have any other idiotic updates for you.
Re V-Sport: Factory warranty + ability to add on extended OEM warranty? Or MaxCare? Or rolling the dice?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
factory warranty for another 4k miles, then probably maxcare after that. Honestly, I don't think I'll get my ducks in a row before it's sold so I'll be SOL, but maybe I can scoop up a CPO or at least lower mileage example when it's go time.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
factory warranty for another 4k miles, then probably maxcare after that.
If you get something under factory warranty you should be able to get the OEM extended warranty. At least in Toyota-land this was significantly cheaper (by a factor of nearly 2) than MaxCare.

Here's the GM page stating you can jump on during factory warranty coverage, and Cadillac is no doubt analogous: http://www.vadengmpp.com/warranty/gm-major-guard.html

GM Major Guard can be purchased at any time during the new vehicle GM warranty period; however, the earlier you buy, the better the value. If a vehicle is out-of-warranty when it is purchased, Major Guard for GM can only be bought at the time of vehicle purchase.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Motorcycles are fun but I gave them up because I didn't want to die by the hands of an overweight hairdresser in a Kia

Campers are for people that want to drive around with a tank of their own feces rather than learning how to shit in the woods

After 11 years of fine service I am considering a new car. I am only looking at models that offer a manual transmission, high on the list is another VW or perhaps a Honda Civic.
Hyundai i30n looked good and trounced the Golf GTI on Topgears review last night.

edit: Looks like it's not destined for the US market.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

Hyundai i30n looked good and trounced the Golf GTI on Topgears review last night.

edit: Looks like it's not destined for the US market.

There are a lot of cars that are faster than a GTI, I will argue it is a better real world car than most of the competetion. I drove mine coast to coast five times in complete comfort, even slept in it most of the time. Managed to haul 7 2x12x8s inside it yesterday.[/QUOTE]

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
There are a lot of cars that are faster than a GTI, I will argue it is a better real world car than most of the competetion. I drove mine coast to coast five times in complete comfort, even slept in it most of the time. Managed to haul 7 2x12x8s inside it yesterday.
This. I thought about buying a new one last year. There are plenty of cars out there that put out more impressive performance numbers, but taking the bigger picture into account, the GTI is a really impressive combination of being pretty quick, fun to drive, feeling well built, having a quality interior, and not costing all that much that's pretty tough to match. I liked it a lot.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
This. I thought about buying a new one last year. There are plenty of cars out there that put out more impressive performance numbers, but taking the bigger picture into account, the GTI is a really impressive combination of being pretty quick, fun to drive, feeling well built, having a quality interior, and not costing all that much that's pretty tough to match. I liked it a lot.

What even more impressive is that a base model would cost less than what I paid for mine 11 years ago and would be better equipped.