Quantcast

What kind of foods should I eat to help me eat less.

RideFour15

Chimp
Apr 4, 2005
East Taunton, MA
In the past month I've gained like 8 pounds, while over the previous months of fall/winter I gained maybe 10 total (the usual winter weight gain). I've been eating a TON of chicken, especially this past week. And drinking lots of soda, and sugar = bad.

So anyways, what kind of foods should I start eating that will give me the nutrients and whatnot that I need to stop craving food constantly so I'm not eating so much. I'm trying to eat a banana everyday, but there arne't many fruits and veggies I can eat on a regular basis without getting sick of them easily.

As for the soda I have to slowly get myself off that or I'll have hardcore withdrawl headaches, and those arne't fun. Less soda, more water.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I'd start by increasing your intake of fiber, and nixing the soda. The fiber will keep you fuller longer. Also, eat smaller portions more frequently... about 5 fist-sized meals per day is a good rule of thumb. Then it just comes down to training your body/mind not to crave food constantly.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Crack....

Ok For real, Green tea is a natural appetite suppressant. Just don't go and drink the Arizona Iced Tea type stuff, it has tons of sugar. Drinking plenty of water before and during meals can also help out.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Green Beans

They have almost no calories, (20ish per 1/2 cup) and are high in Vitamin A, C, K and Magnese and fiber.

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
eat more fiber (Kashi cereal, oatmeal)

eat more meals.... more like snacks.... I eat about 5-6 times a day (playing card deck portions), and if I am going to eat large amounts of anything, I try and be sure that it's a salad (we call them Big @ss salads)

cut it out with the soda ... I *might* have one soda a month....that's just because Birch Beer rocks.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
cut out the soda!!!!! its the easiest way to get unnecessary calories out of your diet. do you know about how much you drink per day. if its a lot, cutting it out completely could help you loose all the weight you need to.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
laura said:
cut out the soda!!!!! its the easiest way to get unnecessary calories out of your diet. do you know about how much you drink per day. if its a lot, cutting it out completely could help you loose all the weight you need to.
At least switch to diet soda, it's what I did and it does make a huge difference in your calorie intake.