Quantcast

What kind of injuries have you had in mountain biking? - product design project

BigBeastAT

Chimp
Nov 13, 2012
I am currently doing one of my major projects for my third year at university. The aim of the project is to make mountain biking safer by designing protection that can be worn comfortably at all times.

Could you please state below your injury and how it happened?

This will help me decide which area of the body to focus on for my project and understand which injuries occur more commonly in the sport. It would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Adam

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
i usually just bloody my shins up a bit. I have a keen self preservation skill.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Busted finger. Twisted ankle. Separated shoulder. Cracked ribs.

Then I stopped riding so far beyond my limits.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Did you circumcise yourself with the chainring or something?
Nope. Snapped a steerer tube, went over the bars and sliced my thigh open on the broken steerer. Missed my femoral artery by less than half an inch. Surgeon said my bib shorts helped save my life by compressing the wound until I got to the hospital (3 hours later).

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
does the thursday night ride still exist?
The drunken night rides at Monkeyfest are not very organized. Its just who ever feels up for it can go any night they want. A couple of us did one this summer down Moose Alley after a decent amount of rain.

That got a little interesting.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The drunken night rides at Monkeyfest are not very organized. Its just who ever feels up for it can go any night they want. A couple of us did one this summer down Moose Alley after a decent amount of rain.

That got a little interesting.
i'm not talking monkeyfest. i'm talking the rochester TNR.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Too many injuries to list. But if you really want to do some good for those of us who are injury prone, then design an entertainment system that is installed on the ceiling of ambulances.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Nope. Snapped a steerer tube, went over the bars and sliced my thigh open on the broken steerer. Missed my femoral artery by less than half an inch. Surgeon said my bib shorts helped save my life by compressing the wound until I got to the hospital (3 hours later).

Was this the one where BigHitr left you on the side of the trail?

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Who gets injured in this sport with all the protective gear already available? Just knot up your skirt so it doesn't get caught in the chain and pedal.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
nothing major, fortunately.
over the course of 10+ years, all i´ve gotten was a few bruised ribs, the usual cuts/scratches in the legs, 4-5 stitches in my chin, a huge bruise in my hip that took like 2 months to dissapear; and thats about it.

J-Dubs

Monkey
Jul 10, 2006
Salem, MA
I broke C6 and C7 after my ft wheel didn't roll out at the bottom of a steep roll. Superman into a tree with muh dome.