Quantcast

What levers instead of the hayes? help!!

jingledell

Chimp
Aug 25, 2003
yo all!

just got my new bullit with the hayes brakes - problem is i like my brake engagement point pretty far away from the handlebar - however, when i adjust the lever like this, the lever is now way far away from the bar - i want to find some levers that have dual-adjustability.

someone pointed me to Razor Rocks but this company is out of biz - are there any other levers available where the throw can adjusted independently of the engagement point?

Thanks guys!!

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Originally posted by jingledell
yo all!

just got my new bullit with the hayes brakes - problem is i like my brake engagement point pretty far away from the handlebar - however, when i adjust the lever like this, the lever is now way far away from the bar - i want to find some levers that have dual-adjustability.

someone pointed me to Razor Rocks but this company is out of biz - are there any other levers available where the throw can adjusted independently of the engagement point?

Thanks guys!!
Hmmmmm

RR is out of business? I am soooo out of the loop.

Gravity Racing Components (www.grcomponents.com) hav long and short lever versions for the Hayes levers. I don't know about a closer reach..... I have the moto (long) versions and like them a lot. I never like the feel of the RR levers. I like the adj just not the lever shape.

My hands are not huge.....what size gloves do you have? I am a large with stubby fingers....it is a curse.

I hope someone else can give more companies.

gorgechris

Monkey
Mar 25, 2003
Traveling the eastern U.S.
I asked a similar question a couple of weeks ago (but cannot find the thread now, for some reason). Anyway, it seemed that those who did respond recommended the GRC (Gravity Racing Components) levers, particularly the Moto DHs.

I'm a single-finger guy who likes it close for trail riding/light freeriding, and my LBS did not have the GRC Shorties, so I ended up buying something else. Just put them on, but have not ridden them, so I can't comment. Not sure if they would work for ya', anyway, based upon what you want.

Send a PM to RhinofromWA, he was one of the guys that responded to me.

gorgechris

Monkey
Mar 25, 2003
Traveling the eastern U.S.
Originally posted by John Sullivan`
Hey Gorgechris,
Sorry we didn't talk sooner about lever choices.
Hope the ones you bought work out for ya, if not you know how to get ahold of me now.

Sulley
GRC

grcomponents@yahoo.com
Sulley,

Yeah, I was getting desperate for some levers, as I had to overhaul my brake before I could use it again. I figured as long as I had it apart, I should replace the lever, so that I didn't have to remove the pin too many times.

My LBS (Discover Bikes) has some Bonz in a smaller size, so that's what I got. If I don't like them, I'll make sure I leave enough time so that Shane can order up some of the smaller levers from you. I can tell ya' that the guys down around here who do ride the GRCs like 'em!

- Chris