Quantcast

What Saddle do you run for DH?

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
ok , so im getting my bullit in the mail pretty soon, and i am thinking about saddles i might get if i dont like the one that comes on it. i have a body geometry saddle on my xc bike that i love, but i have been noticing lately that it is too wide to get up over the seat easily.

do you ladies have a favorite. i am going to be riding this bike for urban and on the trails around here so i need something that is comfortable enough to sit on for long periods of time. i have a butterfly on my CX bike. i think i might use that one.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
I would look at the WTB seats, they run from about $40 to $120.

I run a Speed SHE on my Bullit and the Laser V on my xc bike. They are both pretty comfy, though I don't sit down too much on the dh bike.

grizgal

Chimp
Dec 5, 2003
somerville
CG what about your WTB? I thought you had one of those? ;)
On the trail bike I ride the Terry Firefly (i think that's what it's called - the Butterfly with flames) which I really like...on the DH bike a WTB - but I'm rarely on it so I don't really have an opinion about them. I'm sure they're great. The Terry saddles have always worked for me...or maybe I just like the little flames and butterflies.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I realize I don't have the most girlish of figures but... if the Terry Butterfly is half as comfy as the Fly I have on my XC bike, that could be your ticket.

I run a Colnago road saddle on my DH bike, it's pretty comfy asswell. In fact, it's SO comfy I sit down during too many race runs... maybe I should just strap a 2x4 on there? :think:

Tuff*Stuff

Chimp
Jun 23, 2003
North Bend
I have the WTB Speed V Race on all of my rides. My M1, My Heckler and I used to have one on my Cheetah. My BF also has them on all his rides.

I think they are totally comfortable.

KPicha

Velma
Aug 3, 2002
Northern, VA
The Butterfly is a really comfy saddle but its even too wide for me on XC rides when I need to get behind the saddle. I don't think I would use it at all for DH. Plus, the texture takes some time to wear off and that really sticks to your shorts. Makes last second ditches and maneuvers a little scary.

I don't ride DH so I'm sorry I don't know what would really work for you but I would think if the Butterfly is too hard to get behind on just XC rides, it would probably really suck downhilling. :)