Quantcast

What shock would you pair with this suspension curve?

Kurt_80

Monkey
Jan 25, 2016
Perth, WA.
Advice on ccdb air vs float x2? I'm a heavier guy at 200lb nude (how is that for imagery) and while I know the air spring in the x2 is better, the cc offers the same adjustability at a much lower cost.
What poundage coil would you otherwise use?

I'm would run a 425-450lb on my DH bike. I swapped to the X2 and I have to run 220 psi (out of max 250 psi) and 5 volume spacers. Keep in mind that I'm only 75kg nude (also great image), so would you have to go outside the max psi to make it work?

In my experience, the X2 is a great shock but is easily overwhelmed by apparently moderate forces.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I'm on a 550, I think, on my DH bike, which is 9.5x3 with 220mm travel. On my following, I'm at like 285-295psi, depending on when I get tired of pumping my shitty little shock pump. One of my least favorite things about the following is how it seems to blast through the first third of travel, then it seems pretty comfortable from there (minus minimal damping out of the menarche RT3, thus the move to another frame).

This will be on my trail bike, but depending on how it performs, it could potentially replace my DH bike, so I want to keep things trENDURO capable. The x2 checks all of the boxes, but at a higher price (one I'm willing to pay if need be). The ccdb air checks most of the same, but lacks the large negative spring, and I'm wondering if I would even need it at my weight and with this leverage curve.