Quantcast

What size is the rear spring for Giant AC1

Poser

Chimp
Jul 17, 2002
Calgary, AB
I have a '02 Giant AC1. It has the Rock Shox Pro Delux with a 700lbs spring in it.

I am wondering is anyone knows the actual size of the spring and what is the, excuse my stupidity about the terminology, the biggest weight spring I can get.

E.G. Can I get a 900lbs spring for it?

Thanks
Kosin Trouble

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
The stroke length is 2.0". You could buy a 900lbs spring, if your huge, but the average is between 600-700lbs. My AC2 came stock with a 600lbs spring, and has the same shock. I weigh 230 and need to upgrade, to about 700 or 750lbs.

Poser

Chimp
Jul 17, 2002
Calgary, AB
hmmm ok the next question is how do you tell what spring you should use? I weigh 215lbs but I was thinking of putting in a 800-900lbs spring to help stiffen up the rear to make it easier for climbs. Or should I be looking at something else.

Kosin Trouble

Shencycle

Chimp
Aug 15, 2002
NY
I just punched in a few different paritculars .....seems to be pretty close!! :monkey:

In addition, when I was changing out rear shocks on my ride...I called FOXRACINGSHOX and they calculated everthing for me...the asked similar questions to what that site asks......so you might want to give the manufacturer, of the shock you are looking to buy, a call.....:monkey: