Quantcast

what size tires

Jameez

Chimp
May 19, 2009
Pennsylvania
Getting ready to relace my shoes, And I'm a little tossed on the size. Right now I have 2.7 in the front and 2.6 in the rear. It does look a little overkill. What are you guys running at parks like Diablo, Plattekill, Hunter etc. This is for a dedicated DH rig, no XC.

tree hugger

Monkey
Jul 18, 2007
Getting ready to relace my shoes, And I'm a little tossed on the size. Right now I have 2.7 in the front and 2.6 in the rear. It does look a little overkill. What are you guys running at parks like Diablo, Plattekill, Hunter etc. This is for a dedicated DH rig, no XC.
My two favorite tires are the Maxxis Minion and Kenda Nevegal at those same parks. I like the 2.5" in both, though the Nevegal runs a bit wider than the Minion.

schaus889

Chimp
Jul 21, 2008
NY
My two favorite tires are the Maxxis Minion and Kenda Nevegal at those same parks. I like the 2.5" in both, though the Nevegal runs a bit wider than the Minion.
I'm running the same set up, it definitely has been the best for me so far in the northeast. Theres really no real benefit to running tires in the northeast larger than 2.5"ers, and the minion is great in the front for technical riding you'll find at Whiteface and Plattekill.

caleberx

Chimp
Jun 18, 2009
Rochester, NY
I am doing 2.6 in front and 2.5 in the rear. It works extremely well for me and I do alot of loose dirt and mud riding. Just get what you are comfortable with.

Jameez

Chimp
May 19, 2009
Pennsylvania
Thanks for the input, still looking though, and I'm getting a f-ing headache from all these different tire choices. I think I am gonna go with the intense fro lite 909 sticky for the front and a kenda kinetics 24" in the rear. Feel free to talk me out of it though.lol