Quantcast

What sort of rental car can we argue about?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
I just reserved a "Jetta or similar" with automatic transmission to drive from JFK to BTV.

I'm sure that everyone will have an opinion as to why that sucks, so have at it.

I just want to get the hell home...
I bet "Jetta or similar" will net you something much worse, like a ford fiesta or hyundai accent . . .

if the weather's not bad, at least take the taconic to albany . . .

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I rented a Kia Forte when I was in Atlanta a couple of months ago. An odd little car. I swear when I hit the gas the car would say, "uhhhh....whaaaat? You want me to go? *sigh*....ok." And then when I hit the brakes the car would try to throw me through the windshield.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Had a base model Jetta as a rental last week. Interior was shitty but was rather nice to drive. The only other rental I have had that I didn't despise was a Ford Focus.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Retal before last was a Crysler C200 with dial transmission. And folks wonder why other folks buy a Camry.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I worked outside of Vegas one year over the Summer months. I always got the same Hyundai because it had perforated seats and the a/c was routed through them. Cooled seats was as nice as a heated steering wheel in Winter weather.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Can't be worse that the Suzuki Swift I got stuck with in San Antonio around 1999. floored it did 58 with the worst shimmy I have ever felt in a car..two chipmunks on a wheel would produce more power that that POS. I did get left alone by the dudes in the big pickups blowing past at 80mph,
SUZUKISwift3Doors-2180_2.jpg
probably out of pity

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Best normal rental car I've gotten: Nissan Maxima. All around good car that people with a family should consider.

Worst rental car I've gotten: Tie between all Chrysler products and a stripped Toyota Yaris. With one of the chryslers, they somehow didn't get my name right when they copied my information and I noticed the receipt was for someone else (while I had the car). Despite trying everything to change the rental to my name by calling corporate, they never followed up and when I turned it in they just didn't care. I seriously could have sold the car on the black market and no one would have ever known I had it. Trying to get anything from the rental companies, like credit card receipts from turning in keys in lockboxes or anything else is like pulling teeth. After doing that few times I just let the credit-card company sort it out. That usually straightens things out real fast.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Retal before last was a Crysler C200 with dial transmission. And folks wonder why other folks buy a Camry.
Even better is how there are multiple dials with similar shape and size...genius! Oh, here, let me change the air conditioning to PARK.