Quantcast

What to ride in Bellingham on a two day visit?

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Me and a couple of buddies land in Seattle on Tuesday morning, from whence we shall beat feet towards Bellingham for a couple of days of shredding bikes and murdering beers before continuing on to Squamish for a few days of the same but more politely. What should we ride? Where should we drink? Who's around and would want to meet up for a ride or a beer? @boostindoubles ? @Westy ?

A good friend of mine who lives in McMinville was just up in B-ham and had this to say...

B-HAM TIPS
  1. Galbraith. Park south side. Visit transition outpost afterwards for brewskis n bites. Fav trails - unemployment line, mullet, radical dragon (roll the rock!), a dog. Lake dips at bottom.
  2. Chuckanut. Shuttle laps or pedal up. Maybe my fav trail? Coupla spicy ️ but super doable options on double down section. Cliff jump lake dips at the bottom.
  3. Lake Whatcom zone. More adventurous - lots to explore. Super steep pedal (& descents) - more hike-a-bike. Blade is the trail to target out here. If you’re feeling super adventurous get some intel on booga shuga.
Happy to chat more on any of this! Sounds like 1 and 2 are likely your best options based on time constraints.

BEERS
  1. Otherlands
  2. Trackside beer garden
  3. Structures
Is he on point here? Tell me, fine people of the rainforest!

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I'm about 4 hours SE of Bham but I have a few friends that shred bikes over there.

You absolutely should ride the Chuckanuts and Galby while there!

Also - visit Will Kemper over at Chuckanut Brewery - the dude brewed professionally in Germany for years before moving back to WA and opening his own brewery. The guy is highly skilled at his craft!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I haven't ridden up there enough to advise much, but if you are passing through Seattle and want to ride or have beers lemme know.

Timing is great, sun will be out but the dirt should be epic.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I'm about 4 hours SE of Bham but I have a few friends that shred bikes over there.

You absolutely should ride the Chuckanuts and Galby while there!

Also - visit Will Kemper over at Chuckanut Brewery - the dude brewed professionally in Germany for years before moving back to WA and opening his own brewery. The guy is highly skilled at his craft!
Copy that! I'll also let my McM homie know, he's super into German style stuff these days. A Crispy Boi as I'm told. He used to work for Oskar Blues, at a winery now.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I haven't ridden up there enough to advise much, but if you are passing through Seattle and want to ride or have beers lemme know.

Timing is great, sun will be out but the dirt should be epic.
Well damn, we're literally ONLY passing through Sleazattle. Just flying in and out really. B-ham and Squampton are the goals. Maybe if we have time on Sunday before we fly out we could grab a beer or lunch?

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Copy that! I'll also let my McM homie know, he's super into German style stuff these days. A Crispy Boi as I'm told. He used to work for Oskar Blues, at a winery now.
I knew an Oskar Blues peep about a decade ago, before shit blew up over there! The guys name was Dave and he was the brewer.

Have fun, its a rowdy scene.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I knew an Oskar Blues peep about a decade ago, before shit blew up over there! The guys name was Dave and he was the brewer.

Have fun, its a rowdy scene.
It wasn't Dale? :think:

Kyle might have been there about 10 years ago, he was an outside sales rep. There were some good days up at Loveland Ski Area when he had to do a site visit to check on how the "taps were pouring" at altitude...

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Cool. About a quarter of our crew is “industry” people. Haven’t hung / ridden with Kyle, but we’ve met.

If he’s into German beer (wine people drink a lot of beer….), he’s probably a Heater Allen fan. Best beer in MAC.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
You staying with The Canadian’s’ crew in squamphampshire?
Nah, this isn't my trip actually. Not really. It's a 40th birthday trip of a friend here in town, he's made all the arrangements so far. I did chat with one of the Canadians at the party last week, so we're gonna hook up with him for a ride or two. But staying in the hostel.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Cool. About a quarter of our crew is “industry” people. Haven’t hung / ridden with Kyle, but we’ve met.

If he’s into German beer (wine people drink a lot of beer….), he’s probably a Heater Allen fan. Best beer in MAC.
Haha, I consider him to be more of a "beer person who drinks a lot of wine" — though I don't know how he self identifies. I just know he's a great dude, super chill.