Quantcast

whatcha think?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
They look pretty - but I think you should go STEEL!

Ok, they don't look pretty. In fact, that Blue is fugly!

And that Kestrel looks like a sort of TT bike. Is the wheelbase long enough for you?

I always thought of you as an endurance rider.

For just a little more money, you could probably get a custom steel roadie. But if you're lucky enough that a mass-produced bike fits you properly, then cool and just save your money.

$1400 MSRP =

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
What I dont want is a big name bike (Trek, Specialized, etc) or something everyone else has.

I have never been a steel or carbon roadie (mine is AL, with a carbon fork).

I need a do it all bike: I often do quick club 30-40 mile rides during the week, and w/e's are usually 50-60 mile tour rides . But on occasion I'll do a century (the hillier the better), and I want to do a couple normal road races next year, and a hill climb race or 2.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
The Kestrel is very tough to beat at its current price range. An equivalent bike, the Cervelo Dual (or is it the soloist? whaev), will easily cost more.

I don't have any time on a Kestrel, but I hope that changes soon. A friend recently purchased one, and I may come into one myself soon.

Unfortunately, I have yet to put a leg over a Blue. In fact, I only heard of Blue just a few weeks back.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
the blue is a nice bike. don't discard that bike out for a second. i know all those guys extremely well and they have done a great job with the product.
the geometry is very nice. very stable ride. go ride one if you can and see for yourself.