Quantcast

Whatever happened to Ford?

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
James Ford used to race on the East coast all the time on a Sinister R9. He used to post on Hcor all the time and it was like he dissapeared. Anyone hear from him anymore? Is he still riding/racing? Ttyl, EC

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
James Ford used to race on the East coast all the time on a Sinister R9. He used to post on Hcor all the time and it was like he dissapeared. Anyone hear from him anymore? Is he still riding/racing? Ttyl, EC
He started his own bacon enthusiast group and moved to Dusseldorf.

Cant Climb

Turbo Monkey
May 9, 2004
Last time i saw him was Pkill camping like 5 years ago.
He wasn't racing or riding.
Was blasting 70's polyester from a Van.
It all didn't make much sense.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
he got hurt a few years back and separated his shoulder at platty then took some time off....then re-injured it when he came back.
great guy and one of the fastest around.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Last I heard Jamie is out in Colorado using his college degree working for the US Forest service in the middle of the mountains doing geological survey stuff and riding the **** out of singletrack for hours at a time.

yd35

Monkey
Oct 28, 2008
NY
When did this morph into craigslist "missed connections"?

Last edited:

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
I found that part of it pretty interesting actually. Way more interesting than hearing about some slow joey from NY.

boogenman

Turbo Monkey
Nov 3, 2004
BUFFALO
Last I heard Jamie is out in Colorado using his college degree working for the US Forest service in the middle of the mountains doing geological survey stuff and riding the **** out of singletrack for hours at a time.
Good for him. He probably still hates me.

in the trees

Turbo Monkey
May 19, 2003
NH
Came across the vid of his big jump recently while looking for something else. Can't find it now though.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
sounds about right. i ran into him at a dh race at blue last season or the year before. he still liked riding a lot but was getting bored with racing DH, but from the looks of it he was still pretty pinned. He was looking to expand out from activities besides dh. one of the last things he said after practice was "i'm gonna go hike the appalachain trail for a while".

Electric_City

Torture wrench
Apr 14, 2007
Cool. Good for him. I never knew him personally, but I saw him racing at platty one day and knew he had a future in racing. The next time I saw him i was riding the double at Platty. He was flying across the ski slope faster than I saw anyone else go. You could hear him flying down the fall line over the rocks and roots and then all you heard was him yelling. The next run I saw him on the quad going down with his arm stuck up in the dislocated position and that was the last I saw or heard of him. I didn't know if he ever went pro or just quit all together. Thanks.