Quantcast

whats coming up from TLD Thread

sbabuser

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2004
Golden, CO
3 pages and no mention of 2013 colorways? I guess I'm going to have to keep checking back on this thread to see what pajamas are in this year...

And as an aside, the word pajamas is waaay cooler than the word kit. Pass it on...

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
I agree though, car thieves should be checking for keys under wheel arches of anyone seen wearing Troy Lee kit.
haha, you say that until you smell the inside of my truck.

Yes, it has been shuttling 5 dudes every weekend, including the rainy ones. Yes, I keep forgetting all my gear in the back seat all week with the windows up.

Go ahead, climb in. I dare you.

Bedlam

Monkey
Feb 13, 2010
Under ground
https://www.troyleedesigns.com/products/3553-01

"Front shuttle pocket for cell phone or keys.
Front D-ring for east access and storage of bike park lift pass"

Boom. Although not sure what east access is. I agree though, car thieves should be checking for keys under wheel arches of anyone seen wearing Troy Lee kit.
Well, would you look at that! East access must be from the left side (riders left), since we all know that "down south" usually refers to the nutsack? (Or southern parts of whatever country you're in, but the people there are usually nuts so the saying stands..)

I'm 6' w/ 33" inseam. Does TLD make pants that fit my leg length yet? I don't ride mountain bikes with MX boots on.
holy crap. when did riding pants become so expensive??
These are actually the main two reason I usually ride in shorts. It's not as we are plagued by terribly high temperatures up here in the north...

StyledAirtime

Monkey
May 24, 2006
NewZealand
Pants have been pricey across the board. But you get what you pay for. I have a pair of black gp pants that are 5 years old and still as good as new even after some heavy crashes and some lighter gp air pants that are equally as good (not quite as old).

As for the heat thing iv also had days wearing pants in the heat of summer. The GP's are warm but gp airs are good and the SE Pros are insane on how light and cool they are and ill go out on a limb to say the SEPRo Bike will be even better.
Some times if the course is a bit knarley a pair of pants feels just a little more protective over shorts.

Bedlam

Monkey
Feb 13, 2010
Under ground
i ride these for years now and have even two of them and they have pockets.

Yeah, those are the shorts I run as well, but I was talking about long pants. Like StyledAirtime said above, it feels a bit more protected with long pants (from twigs, nettles etc.) and it nicer if the weather is a bit so-so (like I said, we're not plagued by the heat in Scandinavia..) .

mtg

Green with Envy
Sep 21, 2009
Denver, CO
i ride these for years now and have even two of them and they have pockets.

I have a pair of those also; they are pretty awesome in all regards, except there are no vents. For that reason alone, I stopped wearing them in the summer due to excessive crotch oven.

UiUiUiUi

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2003
Berlin, Germany
Hey Stik

ever contemplated making some race kit with all the features from like the SE pro Bike pants and jersey but make it look like jeans and T shirts (or maybe even looking like a shirt) yet be fully functional fabrics?
would definitely buy this even in outragous colours,

Last edited:

Huck Banzai

Turbo Monkey
May 8, 2005
Transitory
now if TLD would make ac ACTUALLY XL/XXL helmet (to be fair, almost noone has anything that could genuinely be described as an XL+)

Still rocking HJC helmets because Troy and Fox both still fake the funk with tiny head ports and overstuffed interiors.

(Grain of salt: Im annoyed because I want one, and because ALL helmet manufacturers - if they DO make a real XXL -- make them fantastically oversized goofmagnets.)

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I can't believe I wasn't the first to know about a new helmet. I mean, I've emailed Stik and all. We're pretty much related. We both even have kids for crying out loud.

How?

How could I not know about a helmet?

I mean, is loyalty nothing?

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
That looks good. I love the solid judgment calls being thrown around from a front on bad photo. Every helmet sits different of different people.
I was just thinking the same thing. I don't think I could ever purchase a helmet without holding it and trying it on first. My last 3 XC helmets and 2 DH helmets were LBS purchases, and I rarely buy anything from the LBS.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Good morning haters!
Media was under strict instruction to not leak any images until we officially launch the helmet next wednesday, the 23rd, with all the details...but, as we consistently learn, you can't trust anyone.
So, come wednesday you will have tons of photos, video, info, specs.
P.S. Troys is not one of our color options, he did that for himself.

Damn the internet leaks!

yd35

Monkey
Oct 28, 2008
NY
mugatu.jpg

Can we get this guy on the TLD design team? I think DH and Derelicte would be perfect together.