Quantcast

Whats so awesome about Avy's

Biker Grove

Chimp
Apr 29, 2005
Avy are the best, everything else is over-hyped American ****e.Don't buy Fox, it's cheap nasty ****e. Just look at the crap they make for offroad trucks. Manipoo and Rockshox are crap too, I've seen better build quality on a ****ing Fisher Price toy.While I'm at it I might aswell say that Progressive is total trash too. Oh and Avid, Hayes and numerous other ****e the Americans try to rip people off with. Americans suck ass. I hope they all rot in hell for going to war just to get their oil, the selfish, greedy, fat, self-important, gushing ****ing assholes. Americans are gullible assholes who believe anything the media feeds them. Maybe they should pull their heads out their brainwashed asses and realise what gullible dumb ****s they are.

Biker Grove

Chimp
Apr 29, 2005
Americans are all arrogant, deluded, lazy, high-handed, pathetic ****ing tossers. The world hates America. I hope the Iraqui's blow you greedy mother****ers up you selfish, worthless sacks of ****. All those fat, redneck Texans winning the oil deals out there. We all know you will occupy Iraq and it'll be under a constant state of civil war for the next ten years. It doesn't matter how many people you hurt/kill, just as longs as you fat, sulking, bloated assholes have your oil to run your ****ty horrible monstrous jeeps, hey? The hate for America is everywhere on the net. I put in "Americans are Assholes" on a search engine and found no end of Anti-Americanism. Maybe you should have thought about that before your gullible, idiotic assholes swallowed all Bush's and the media' bull****. You Americans are absolutely ****ing ridiculous, you cant even see what's going on right under your own noses, you dumbass, fat, bloated losers. Mind, stupidity is a trait that is inherently American. I hope all you fat, pathetic, laughable gushing, selfish, ungreatful ****s get blown up soon. Good riddance to you, you lieing, self-righteous, cowardice ****ers.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
ChrisRobin said:
especially when it's the same people posting and saying the same things over and over again.
...and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over... ad nauseum.

seismic

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2003
South East Asia
The arguments and the counter arguments concerning Avy are the same.....and I do not think they will change much......on the other hand......so are many discussions !

dhriderII

Monkey
Nov 26, 2004
good ol' culpep
snowskilz said:
You pay for what you get!

fox vanilla rc = 299.99 +185 (pushed) = 485 custom tuned
Avalanche = 599.99 custom tuned.

Fox rebuild 95(fox dealers only)
avalanche rebuild 60(at any motox shop)

Fox 40 = 1600(not custom tuned)
Avy Dhfti = 1600(custom tuned)

yes the fox shocks are lighter, but when you consider ITS GOING ON A DH BIKE. Ill take the avy any day.

i hate weight watching DHers, ive got a little hardtail i ride for dh sometimes and its right at 52 lbs, witch is lighter then my bullit that is my main dh rig. ummm aint gravity good!! :heart:

sh*t scared

Monkey
Sep 30, 2004
seismic said:
Avy, Avy, Avy, - Avy, Avy, Avy......
Oi, Oi, Oi.

Good work cult bitches. They will convert on the 7th day, when they have seen the light.

Praise the Avy, Praise the Avy.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
How said:
when does that comet arrive again guys?

When it comes around again I MIGHT THINK about getting another shock ranther than an AVY :eek: ..... then again maybe...... NOT.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
Zark said:
As for the blown Romics you guys mentioned. Were these the rebound leaking issues they had or other problems?
I know there was a big batch of them leaking at the compression adjuster and a bunch that would just start leaking.

Tonycalves

Monkey
Feb 16, 2005
PB SanDiego/NYC
I've had more luck with Avy stuff then any other suspension products. They have good resale value, cause they last. I don't think they're for everyone but they do work the best. I've blow up everything but Avy, not to say it can't happen.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Cost of a computer: $1500.
DSL connection: $30/month.
Cost of admission to Ridemonkey, where you can see the Avy cult self-flaggelate for days at a time: Priceless.

This thread is awesome. The cult members get all uppity when someone calls it a hucking shock. Then someone else chimes in with real-world examples of how great the products are: Two drops to flat. Say what?

And no, I've never ridden one. I'm sure they're the best products I've never used. :rolleyes:

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
seismic said:
What is it you are trying to say ???
The cult amuses me. That is all. It has nothing to do with the products. I am contributing nothing of substance to this thread.

If I wanted to help the original poster I would have just said "Do a search."

The Avy horse is dead. Long live the Avy horse!!

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
Tonycalves said:
They have good resale value, cause they last.
They have good resale value for the seller...not the buyer. The buyer has to ship it back to Craig to get a revalve which costs enough and pay shipping both ways. Better off just buying a brand new one from the get-go.

They last because they're heavy duty. All the racer kids around here either use Ti springs on Avy shocks or other shocks because of the weight.

How

Monkey
Sep 10, 2001
Area 51
OGRipper said:
The cult amuses me. That is all. It has nothing to do with the products. I am contributing nothing of substance to this thread.

Um what are you talking about, you need to actually put some quality time on the shock before you can really say anything, i've experienced every shock on the market excluding the brand new ones and the stratos, the avalanche is the best by far. it is a shock made for riding and that's it, it works, and works really well.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
OGRipper said:

I'll let you check out my bike @ N* this summer.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
I bet if you took all the rear shock makers (Avalanche, Romic, 5th Element, Swinger, Cane Creek, Marzocchi, Stratos, Fox, Rock Shox, and Risse) and tested their shock on the same bike on the same trail...without the rider knowing which was which...I would put good money on the rider not being able to identify more than 50% correctly...D

sh*t scared

Monkey
Sep 30, 2004
do you mean tell the differnence during the ride, or a month later when all the others are in a pile on the floor, in pieces, with the avy still on the bike 'cause its the only one still working :eviltongu

Rik

Turbo Monkey
Nov 6, 2001
Sydney, Australia
On your point BMXman, would part of why Avalanche shocks feel so good be that you can't really adjust them much, so they won't run out of tune like alot of shocks do due to poor setup. Something to consider...

seismic

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2003
South East Asia
BMXman said:
I bet if you took all the rear shock makers (Avalanche, Romic, 5th Element, Swinger, Cane Creek, Marzocchi, Stratos, Fox, Rock Shox, and Risse) and tested their shock on the same bike on the same trail...without the rider knowing which was which...I would put good money on the rider not being able to identify more than 50% correctly...D

Yeah, - maybe the rider would only be able to identify one...the AVy !! The only one which feels awesome :love: (IMO)

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
BMXman said:

I would take that bet as I have ridden all the shock you mentioned except the Zoke, CC, and Risse.

Biker Grove

Chimp
Apr 29, 2005
Rik said:
On your point BMXman, would part of why Avalanche shocks feel so good be that you can't really adjust them much, so they won't run out of tune like alot of shocks do due to poor setup. Something to consider...

Bull****, dip****. I am regarding the fact you agreed with BMXman. You are right in the second sentence in SOME/MOST ways. BMX man is talking out his ringpiece about that "blind-folded" (which you'd have to be, unless you're a retard) comparison though. You can adjust Avalanche, enough- AS MUCH AS IS NEEDED- you don't need anymore, for reasons explained below.... You own one for christ's sake, you should know.

The reason there are only a few adjustments is because; 1) no ****er needs five adjustments after INITIAL shock set-up of ANY shock, and 2) the Avy is valved, shimmed and sprung for your individual weight so those small adjustments actually do something. The reason the platform shocks have 5 settings is 1) marketing bull**** 2) Because they are OEM and cheap- made to suit all different bikes and all ranges of weight of riders, that's why they have so many adjustments so everyone from 150lb to 260 lb can do an initial pretty good set-up, suited to them, using all those 5 adjustments. No one rider will need 5 adjustments to ride different courses, once his/her shock is set up for him, be it fully custom (Avy) or just a bit of tweaking/spring swap of a generic shock.

No custom tuned shock needs all them adjustments because adjusting one setting will upset another within a finely tuned custom shock. So that's why Avys have "no adjustments" as you say dumbass, because they are custom not cheap generic tat. Stick to BMX bikes before you talk any more crap. That's the trouble with this site; you are all so blindly confident in the BS you speak, but actually know pissall, but yet you dumbasses think you are big industry guys and know everything.

Oh and the last time I checked no Super bike or MX bike had more adjustments than preload(not really a proper adjustment), rebound, compression and some have hi/low compression. And most MX bikes etc come with 3 adjustments, and ready for anyone between 150lb to 260lb, NOT custom, so five adjustments is just marketing bull****. If MX doesn't need 5 adjustments, why would DH? So just face it, Manipoo, Progressive etc have brainwashed all you gullible retards with their marketing bull****, and their 5 adjustment BS, in the same way the media brainwashes all you closed minded, gullible yank ****ers into voting Bush ( I know Rik, who wrote the quote, is an Aussie not American- I'm talking about all you other guys; YANKS) and thinking Europe is a country, and it's full of pompous pricks. Europe is a continent, ****tards. So go look at yourselves you hypocritical assholes. Americans aren't the best people on earth, and America isn't "gods country," so go face the real world you closed minded, clueless ****ing nonses. It's laughable. And to the small number of yanks that own passports: burn them! No ****er likes you fat, self-important whiny assholes, so stay in America, and carry on your delusion. Ok. Got that? Good.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
BMXman said:
That's a good point. You would probably notice the Fox RC and Rock Shox for their lack of damping when you get going fast but the other ones? I think people would have a hard time figuring out which was which.

Biker Grove

Chimp
Apr 29, 2005
BMXman said:
Hows about taking the test over a long period of time though, huh? You'll know which is which because there will only be one shock left: the Avy. All the rest will be blown and ****ed. You can also tell, because the Avy will be the plushest out of them all! Longevity people, longevity. When will you get it in your empty heads: Avalanche are more expensive than your pot-metal POS OEM shock that looks like it came off a kids bike, beause it is made to last, TO LAST and be reliable. It's heavy you all say, compareed to your POS shock, but the thing is it's VERY light when you see and realise the quality etc. A 10" eye-to-eye Ohlins super bike shock weights about 8-10lb, the Avy isn't much smaller. Go figure.... What do you want, quality or tat? Or do you just buy tat because it is lighter and you feel it serves as an less-weight advantage because you're a crap rider? I think that's probably it. So go buy your pot-metal, light-weight POS shock, I'm sure it serves as a great advantage for your useless ass. If you spent more time riding than sitting on RM talking out your patronising, clueless, blindly confident, closed-minded, useless ass, you might not need "advantages" in the form of less weight. Think about it you dumbasses.

Biker Billy

Chimp
Apr 28, 2005
Rik said:
Bull****, dip****. I am regarding the fact you agreed with BMXman. You are right in the second sentence in SOME/MOST ways. BMX man is talking out his ringpiece about that "blind-folded" (which you'd have to be, unless you're a retard) comparison though. You can adjust Avalanche, enough- AS MUCH AS IS NEEDED- you don't need anymore, for reasons explained below.... You own one for christ's sake, you should know.

The reason there are only a few adjustments is because; 1) no ****er needs five adjustments after INITIAL shock set-up of ANY shock, and 2) the Avy is valved, shimmed and sprung for your individual weight so those small adjustments actually do something. The reason the platform shocks have 5 settings is 1) marketing bull**** 2) Because they are OEM and cheap- made to suit all different bikes/leverage rates etc, and all weight ranges of different riders, that's why they have so many adjustments so everyone from 150lb to 260 lb can do a pretty good initial set-up, suited to them, using all those 5 adjustments. No one rider will need 5 adjustments to ride different courses, once his/her shock is set up for him, be it fully custom (Avy) or just a bit of tweaking/spring swap of a generic shock.

No custom tuned shock needs all them FIVE adjustments because adjusting one setting will upset another within a finely tuned custom shock. So that's why Avys "cant really be adjusted much" as you say, dumbass, because they are custom not cheap generic tat. Stick to stuff you actually know about, before you talk any more crap, ok? That's the trouble with this site; you are all so blindly confident in the BS you speak, but don't realise you actually know pissall, but yet you dumbasses think you are big industry guys and know everything.

Oh and the last time I checked no Super bike or MX bike had more adjustments than preload(not really a proper adjustment), rebound, compression and some have hi/low compression. And most MX bikes etc come with 3 adjustments, and ready for anyone between 150lb to 260lb, NOT custom, so five adjustments is just marketing bull****. If MX doesn't need 5 adjustments, why would DH? So just face it, Manipoo, Progressive etc have brainwashed all you gullible retards with their marketing bull****, and their 5 adjustment BS, in the same way the media brainwashes all you closed minded, gullible yank ****ers into voting Bush ( I know Rik, who wrote the quote, is an Aussie not American- I'm talking about all you other guys; YANKS) and thinking Europe is a country, and it's full of pompous pricks. Europe is a continent, ****tards. So go look at yourselves you hypocritical assholes. Americans aren't the best people on earth, and America isn't "gods country," so go face the real world you closed minded, clueless ****ing nonses. It's laughable. And to the small number of yanks that own passports: burn them! No ****er likes you fat, self-important whiny assholes, so stay in America, and carry on your delusion. Ok. Got that? Good.

Biker Billy

Chimp
Apr 28, 2005
BMXman said:
Hows about taking the test over a long period of time though, huh? You'll know which is which because there will only be one shock left: the Avy. All the rest will be blown and ****ed. You can also tell, because the Avy will be the plushest out of them all! Longevity people, longevity. When will you get it in your empty heads: Avalanche are more expensive than your pot-metal POS OEM shock that looks like it came off a kids bike, beause it is made to last, TO LAST and be reliable. "It's TOO heavy," you all say, yes, it is compared to your POS shock, but the thing is it's VERY light when you see and realise the quality etc, and that it's on a par with works MX/superbike stuff. EG. A 10" eye-to-eye Ohlins super bike shock weights about 8-10lb, the Avy isn't much smaller. Go figure.... What do you want, quality or tat? Or do you just buy tat because it is lighter and you feel it serves as an less-weight advantage because you're a crap rider? I think that's probably it. So go buy your pot-metal, light-weight POS shock, I'm sure it serves as a great advantage for your useless, weedy, little ass. If you spent more time riding than sitting on RM talking out your patronising, clueless, blindly-confident, closed-minded, worthless ass, you might not need "advantages" in the form of less weight. Think about it you dumbasses.

How

Monkey
Sep 10, 2001
Area 51
you aren't helping our cause dude, this was just a regular conversation i stopped reading your comment about 2 sentences in.

BTW, I have lots of friends from that so called country "Europe" and they aren't a bitch like you.

Biker Billy

Chimp
Apr 28, 2005
How said:
you aren't helping our cause dude, this was just a regular conversation i stopped reading your comment about 2 sentences in.

Ok so sorry sir. So you stopped reading my comment? Am I supposed to be bothered? Just shows "HOW" (< irony) ignorant you are. Why should Avalanche owners have to explain themselves though? Do assholes who own Progressive, Fox, Manipoo etc, justify their buying of said shock, other than regards to price, weight? NOPE. I think assholes against Avalanche have a superiority complex they try so desperately to keep hidden. They are just jealous their suspension sucks.

How

Monkey
Sep 10, 2001
Area 51
dude, you didn't put any actual solid factual tech information to back up yourself you e-sound like your full of hot air.

Biker Billy

Chimp
Apr 28, 2005
How said:
BTW, I have lots of friends from that so called country "Europe" and they aren't a bitch like you.
Ok, so you stopped reading my post two sentences in, right? So that's how you got to the bottom bit and saw the bit where I was slagging off you yanks, right? Oh and Europe is a continent. stop listening to YOUR media BS and actually find out stuff, Mr All Knowing, Closed-Minded, Clueless, Yank POS. My conclusion; You're an idiot.

Read this jerk, it's from one of your very own people;

"Note to anyone who has never left the United States: The rest of the world thinks all of America has it's head up it's ass. They don't hate us because "We're the land of the free," they don't want to kill us because of "Our freedoms," they just see it like it is, that Americans for the most part are lazy, arrogant, free-loading Assholes who don't know how good they've got it and who can't shut the **** up for five minutes, and who keep sticking their noses where they don't belong, namely other country's natural resources. People like the dip**** who wrote this letter just prove them right."

I'm a bitch. Nice. Bothered.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
Wow...usually the Avy threads spark up some heated debate but with a lot of jokes involved. This time it's going a little too far???

Ok guys...make love, not war! Let's all hug a tree and appreciate nature.

C'mon Brian, I know you're a closet hippy. ;)

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
Biker Billy said:
Ok, so you stopped reading my post two sentences in, right? So that's how you got to the bottom bit and saw the bit where I was slagging off you yanks, right? Oh and Europe is a continent. stop listening to YOUR media BS and actually find out stuff, Mr All Knowing, Closed-Minded, Clueless, Yank POS. My conclusion; You're an idiot.

Read this jerk, it's from one of your very own people;

"Note to anyone who has never left the United States: The rest of the world thinks all of America has it's head up it's ass. They don't hate us because "We're the land of the free," they don't want to kill us because of "Our freedoms," they just see it like it is, that Americans for the most part are lazy, arrogant, free-loading Assholes who don't know how good they've got it and who can't shut the **** up for five minutes, and who keep sticking their noses where they don't belong, namely other country's natural resources. People like the dip**** who wrote this letter just prove them right."

You my friend, are a tool.

How

Monkey
Sep 10, 2001
Area 51
Biker Billy said:

Read this jerk, from one of your very own people;

I think you have a superiority complex about being from Europe, btw my Europe comment was intended as sarcasm, I think the large majority of Americans know what europe is :D . You wouldn't talk to people like this face to face right? Round here you get knocked the **** out for talking **** like that, Try to keep it civil, you're just making yourself look like a pompous fool.