Quantcast

What's the deal with Windell's?

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I'm going to be in area and was curious about how the place is setup.

I know they do 'camps' but is the place in any way shape or form open to the public?

It seems cruel to create the funnest place on earth and then close the gates to all but comitted campers :D

Any info would be much appreciated.

Apr 10, 2007
Hey Woo, I don't have a ton of details but I'm on an IMBA volunteer councel with a chick who's good friends with the guys that run the place. If you'd like I can PM you her contact information and I'm sure she'd be happy to put you in touch with those guys. I do think it's open to the public, at least that's the vibe I got from talking with her after drooling over that place watching Follow Me.

oftpiste

Chimp
Oct 20, 2009
I know people that have been there with other programs and get the impression Windell's facilities are pretty much limited to use by their campers. Militantly so, according to what I've heard.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Hey Woo, I don't have a ton of details but I'm on an IMBA volunteer councel with a chick who's good friends with the guys that run the place. If you'd like I can PM you her contact information and I'm sure she'd be happy to put you in touch with those guys. I do think it's open to the public, at least that's the vibe I got from talking with her after drooling over that place watching Follow Me.
That would be great man. Thank you!

StunZeeD

Monkey
Feb 6, 2007
PNW
Its a camp which is off limits to non-campers. I saw something on their sign the other day about some open days for non-campers

Checkout my buddy's blog on his recent visit there
http://www.ihatebikes.net/site/bikeparks/the-northwest-school-of-freeride-at-windells-camp/

The good news is one of our local favorite trails "Sandy Ridge" is about 5 minutes away so I highly recommend you check that out as well as a ton of other trails in close proximity near Mt Hood

If you guys plan to come down hit me up I can show you around

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Its a camp which is off limits to non-campers. I saw something on their sign the other day about some open days for non-campers

Checkout my buddy's blog on his recent visit there
http://www.ihatebikes.net/site/bikeparks/the-northwest-school-of-freeride-at-windells-camp/

The good news is one of our local favorite trails "Sandy Ridge" is about 5 minutes away so I highly recommend you check that out as well as a ton of other trails in close proximity near Mt Hood

If you guys plan to come down hit me up I can show you around

I appreciate the offer. I'll shoot you a pm. We'll be in the area late next week.