Quantcast

Whats wrong with my fox 40

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
2009 RC2, totally rebuild last season with new stanchions and all. Riding diablo, the fork suddenly gets REALLY soft, i can lean forward and bottom it out. i run it soft, 220 lbs on a blue spring, but its always been good. I take out the spring, i only find 3 of the 4 spacers (so thats probably crunched at the bottom)

With no spring, i pull it up and it sucks down an inch. If i push it down, it stays down.

Help me :(

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
also, if you're running it with that soft a spring, i'm not surprised it blew and you crushed a spacer. probably a hard bottom out. i'm 20lbs lighter than you and run the green spring. time for you to get the right spring fatty.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
also, if you're running it with that soft a spring, i'm not surprised it blew and you crushed a spacer. probably a hard bottom out. i'm 20lbs lighter than you and run the green spring. time for you to get the right spring fatty.
:think:

I happen to love the blue spring, its soft, but most of my weight is on the back. This whole ordeal happened on stalker, possibly the repetitive hits or heat?

wiscodh

Monkey
Jun 21, 2007
on really hard bottom outs (being undersprung dosent help one bit) with air in the bladder from a rebuild you can bend the alloy cap from the pressure. I did that 2 years ago. The fox tech told me to really bleed the system when doing a rebuild. Same problems that you are having with yours.

This will keep happening if you keep running a spring that is way too soft.

i am 180 and run a green spring...