Quantcast

What's your guess on final sale price?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
link

I'd love to have this bike, but I can't afford what I'm guessing someone will buy it for, for just the components :(

A beautiful bike custom built by Carl Strong of Bozeman, Montana. www.strongframes.com

Seat Tube: 57.0 cm (c-c)
Seat Tube Angle: 73
Top Tube: 55.7 cm
Head Tube Angle: 73
Chainstay: 41.0 cm

Yes, top tube is shorter than seat tube. Frames is custom built for me - 5'10" w/ 34.5" inseam.
I'm 5'10" with 34.5" inseam. Approximate numbers for me would be 57cmST x 55cmTT x 18cmHT

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
I'm thinking it's gonna be around $1700 to $1900.
It's like my bike, except I think the tubes are what CS calls Custom Blend where as he used Foco on mine. I know the seller is saying Foco, but the full Foco tubeset has a shaped downtube (I think). The custom blend might have some Foco tubes in the mix tho. But DAMN good looking fillets! You'd be psyched if you got it!
Will you change out the double (11x23) for your triple or will you just get stronger if you got her?

Edit: Oh BTW, Carl Strong has his custom graphics powdered by Spectrumpowderworks.com. I'm thinking about having mine redone by them. Ummm...ghost flames....

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
$1500 is about what my custom (true temper) 105 bike is gonna cost me, I'm supposed to meet with the builder on Monday.

I emailed the ebay seller and need to make a decision quick if I should abandon the new build.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
thanks for asking...

It's made of Columbus Foco

the head-tube is 2cm shorter than my supposed ideal length, TT is 0.7cm too long.

While the component group on that bike are far better, and the measurements aren't that far off, I decided I might as well go ahead with my custom build. I have an appointment Tuesday night to finalize the build. Should be completed in 6-8 weeks.