Quantcast

"what's your team, ridemonkey? and what is that, an upside down pig?"

Today was the annual MS Bike Tour in CT. Representin the monkeys were myself, IAB, Quo Fan, BigT, MMcG and from MA BadDNA, TurnerGrl and all the way from NY JacksonPT.

A HUGE thank you to my team for riding with us and raising money to fight MS.

Oh yeah, the report - well it POURED for the first 25 miles. I mean POURED as in soaked to the bone. The riding really wasn't that bad until you started down a hill and the rain drops felt like needles hitting your skin! LOL. The 2nd half of the ride was mostly dry and overcast (beats a humid 90).

and the upside down pig remark? well, no one could seem to figure out that the logo was an upside down Monkey. DERH.

I don't have pics but I hope Quo Fan does so stay tuned.

:monkeydance:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
My mom saw us on the 6:00 news tonight! She said the news crew filmed the start of the ride and since Team Monkey was in the front of the pack, she saw us all go zooming by the camera. HOORAY! My mom yelled "It's the monkeys! It's the monkeys!" :D

Definitely a fun ride today. Normally I bail on rides in that kind of heavy rain. Hell, I bail when it's sprinkling out. :D I've never heard the term "Rooster Tail" until today. Quo Fan made an interesting observation: The start of the ride was delayed briefly when it started to POUR. Everyone ran for cover except the mountain bikers.

Huge thanks to MMcG, Quo Fan, BigT, TurnerGrl, BadDNA and JacksonPT for riding with us!!

PS: Jackson is fast.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Good times. Jackson is damned fast. It was nice to be riding with so many fellow monkeys.

Sorry about the "no mechanicals" comment pre-ride, but I guess it came back to bite me more than anyone else. Pedaling with one crank arm for the last couple of miles of a 50 mile ride is not fun.

Good times for a good cause.

My mom saw us on the 6:00 news tonight! She said the news crew filmed the start of the ride and since Team Monkey was in the front of the pack, she saw us all go zooming by the camera.
I DVR'd the 11pm news and they replayed the segment. You can clearly see IAB, Jackson, Quo Fan (waving at the camera, in fact), BigT and ME :) We're not just famous, we're INfamous!

The video is online here: http://www.wtnh.com/ Click on "MS bike tour in Windsor"

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Yeah, Jackson is fast. we were grinding up a hill, and then Jackson speeds by us like we were standing still. I told him that when we do the century next year, if he does that again, he'll get my pump in his spokes. :biggrin:

On our drive to the start, Jackson had to rob a bank, and I got a pic of a deer in the parking lot.

Here is a pic of all of us at the starting line.

Of course, what is a ride without MMcG having a mechanical? His non-drive side crank arm is loose.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
It was a very good time - thanks everyone. And thanks to IRB and MBC for putting me up for the night.

Next year it's the century ride!

TurnerGrl

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Metrowest MA
Great event - thanks for putting together the team MBC and IAB. Was definitely cool to see all the upside down pig...errrr RM jerseys riding together. (We did ride together didn't we? At least once???)

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I hate road riding in the rain!
I was surprised - I was expecting it to be a lot worse than it was. There weren't any tricky turns or big descents, so traction wasn't a big concern. I had "sun"glasses on to protect my eyes, and it was actually pretty refreshing most of the time. The only bad part was when we got cold at the rest stops. Oh, and it did sting a bit one you got over 22-23mph.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I was surprised - I was expecting it to be a lot worse than it was. There weren't any tricky turns or big descents, so traction wasn't a big concern. I had "sun"glasses on to protect my eyes, and it was actually pretty refreshing most of the time. The only bad part was when we got cold at the rest stops. Oh, and it did sting a bit one you got over 22-23mph.
We got caught out in a bad T-storm last summer. Came in fast and hit hard. The rain drops were huge and hurt too!!! We definitely didn't get up to 22-23 because we couldn't see (and I had "sun glasses" on). It was crazy!!!