Quantcast

Whee Doggie

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
hell the temp outside in the sun was 41 so I figured I would pull out the road bike, layer up and go out for a little spin on the ridgeline. Man it felt great peddling up to the summit I was layered just right...I was just below the warm enough to sweat limit. The views out to the ocean some 20 miles away were spectacular and for the last half mile of the climb I had a coyote for company as he was running along side the road for a bit before ducking back into the woods Then I hit the top spun around and headed back down, at 30mph the parts of my ears sticking out below the beannie under my helmet started to burn from the cold, by 40mph my nose was numb an the back of my neck was cold, thankfully I had wind proof liners over my feet and they stayed warm. In spite of the cold there is nothing more fun than whipping down a mt road and really leaning it over through the corners. However, I really enjoyed the half mile out of the saddle body warming climb back up to the house.

felt soo good to get a good cardio workout in the outdoors vs the weight room for once

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Yep. I was riding home in the evening, when to my surprise, the late nite showers predicted by the tv weatherman started at 7pm.

40 degrees and a pouring rain made for a fun final hour of riding. My vision was so bad, I almost hit a parked car.

But I still rode...