Quantcast

wheel/fork & rear brake issue

Discussion in 'Cross Country, All Mountain & Trail Riding' started by Kalbi777, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Kalbi777

Kalbi777 Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 5
    Hi everyone, I got some questions that i couldn't find any answer on google. (I'm so bad a googling :/)
    the frist issue i have is that when i brake my wheel goes to the left and almost touches the left fork leg.
    it's a pretty old bike maybe from 2006 a spezialized epic.
    I check the centering of the wheel and it's good. when i'm not braking or when i look at the wheel at home it's centered between both fork legs. Anyone expirienced something similar ?

the second issue is that the brakes I had on this bike never "released". what i want to say with that is if i puted the pistons back in the calliper after one braking the pads almost stayed in the same place what causes a terrible rolling resitance. I now put other brakes on this bike but i would like to know if there is a way to fix this ?

I also have a problem about the newer brakes where i'm not able to put the brakes over the disc coes the pads are to narrow. eveytime i try to push them back in the other one comes out so it's not possible to resolve this problem like that. (avid elixir 1)

Please register to disable this ad.

2. johnbryanpeters

Rep/Likes:
    198 / 1,693
    Go to a bike store before you kill yourself. You need a mechanic.

3. Kalbi777

Kalbi777 Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 5

4. bikemaster

bikemaster Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    I have to change my bike wheel. can you guys suggest me some of the mountain bikes wheel names? Thanks for the topic. I will come back soon for your suggestion. Take care your self.