Quantcast

When is the next Tiger Mt. Ride????

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Not sure. I might just ride on Saturday before I head to my home town....I may stay there Saturday night so I may not be around in the am. I wouldn't mind doing Carnation...depending on if anyone else is going...I don't know it well enough and would get lost:confused:

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Originally posted by MUTOLI
Not sure. I might just ride on Saturday before I head to my home town....I may stay there Saturday night so I may not be around in the am. I wouldn't mind doing Carnation...depending on if anyone else is going...I don't know it well enough and would get lost:confused:
Coolio...let me know if you end up wanting to go on Sunday. Carnation sounds good, but I don't know there area well enough not to get lost either :(

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Originally posted by crash13
i'm almost positive that i can go thursday or friday.
i'll ride with ya man, but it would have to be towards the evening. I'd have to pack my bike in my car and leave from Tacoma around 3:30ish. So i could be there around 4:30 to 5. You said something about wanting to hit it in the afternoon but that's the best i can do. If you can ride lemme know by tonight so i can prepare.

Originally posted by Jr_Bullit
300th must be not far from me....:confused: What kind of riding is it? Always looking for something new to play on :D
it's an XC trail system but it's really cool. The hills you climb aren't that bad, there's plenty of singletrack and most of it's long, and not too windy, so you can carry some speed. And if you can make it to the obelisk it's a real chill spot to grub on a snack and enjoy the view of the Sound.:thumb:
it's well worthy to ride there alot if you're close, some horses and hikers but there are more mt. bikers than any other users definately.

crash13

Chimp
Dec 19, 2003
Lake Stevens, WA
Originally posted by Skookum
i'll ride with ya man, but it would have to be towards the evening. I'd have to pack my bike in my car and leave from Tacoma around 3:30ish. So i could be there around 4:30 to 5. You said something about wanting to hit it in the afternoon but that's the best i can do. If you can ride lemme know by tonight so i can prepare.

i have to work on my DH bike in the morning but i'm hoping to have it fixed by then. if i do i was planning on maybe going up a half hour before you so i can start pushing up and meet ya at the top if thats cool with you. i have a little bit of a cold so i don't want to over do it. let me know what you want to do.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Originally posted by crash13

i have to work on my DH bike in the morning but i'm hoping to have it fixed by then. if i do i was planning on maybe going up a half hour before you so i can start pushing up and meet ya at the top if thats cool with you. i have a little bit of a cold so i don't want to over do it. let me know what you want to do.
that's fine, either way is cool with me. i'm never in a big frikkin hurry, i only ride fast just to catch up most of the time..... besides i'm working construction, it's not like i'm a ball of energy here..... i'm not sure but Happy said he want's to ride too. So i'm probably gonna take the Bullit up there just to balance it all out. Go slow up, go fast down.:) So i'll probably start heading up the forest road around 5.....

crash13

Chimp
Dec 19, 2003
Lake Stevens, WA
that's fine, either way is cool with me. i'm never in a big frikkin hurry, i only ride fast just to catch up most of the time..... besides i'm working construction, it's not like i'm a ball of energy here..... i'm not sure but Happy said he want's to ride too. So i'm probably gonna take the Bullit up there just to balance it all out. Go slow up, go fast down.:) So i'll probably start heading up the forest road around 5.....
if your bringing the bullit then i'll probably just wait for ya and push up with ya. do you want to meet in the lower parking lot?

Fredzilla

Monkey
Aug 5, 2003
Seattle
Heya... I thought I was going to be able to make it out to meet you guys, but I realized that I have a schedule conflict.:rolleyes:

Sorry guys! I wish I could make it, but I'm sure you'll have fun without me!;)

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Good ridin Crash13. It's always fun to take the big bikes out on Tiger once in a while, only the going up part isn't a peice of cake.:D
i had a blast trying to stay on my spd pedals with my work shoes haha.

YO Mutoli!!!!! hope you and your all-girl squad had a good ride! We woulda waited around but i wasn't sure how long it would take us with our big bikes to get to the top.:)

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
No Worries. We ended not heading up till close to 6...It was alot of fun. There was 3 of us girls and one of the girls's husband and dog. I want to ride next week up there so let me know if you are game...:)

crash13

Chimp
Dec 19, 2003
Lake Stevens, WA
Good ridin Crash13. It's always fun to take the big bikes out on Tiger once in a while, only the going up part isn't a peice of cake.:D
i had a blast trying to stay on my spd pedals with my work shoes haha.

its was nice riding with you too. we'll have to do it again sometime. keep me posted on ratpac.

TurkeyJerkey

Chimp
Aug 8, 2002
WA
where there any tree's down that you had to walk your bike over?

and have any of you guys/gals heard of cars getting broken into up there?

dang always full of questions!!!:confused:

oh and last one, are any of you riding tiger this weekend???

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Originally posted by TurkeyJerkey
where there any tree's down that you had to walk your bike over?

and have any of you guys/gals heard of cars getting broken into up there?

dang always full of questions!!!:confused:

oh and last one, are any of you riding tiger this weekend???
No there are no downed tree's, just like Cap it's DNR land they clean up the trails and so does BBTC bike club.

Yes and rumor has it they steal credit card numbers then leave all your stuff so that you think nothings been stolen. I never leave expensive crap in my car anywhere regardless.

yes you need to stop asking and just come up here and ride.

no i'm not, i don't like riding it on the weekend because it's full of horseys and hikers so you can't get your speed on. But i am heading up to 38 on sat. and gonna do Lake Sawyer on Sunday. 38 is gnarl downhill and Lake Sawyer is awesome XC, take your pic and come ride with me if you want......

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Originally posted by TurkeyJerkey
SKOOK when and where can i meet you.....sorry about the late post!!!!
aha i'm gonna be at the Black Diamond Coal Cart at 9 o clock. Takes about an hour to drive up from Oly...
Drive on 5 to Highway 18.....
Drive east to the Covington exit (i think the second exit past Auburn) SE 272 st.
Take a right and head east for a few miles til you get to Highway 169 (it's a highway that goes from Renton to Issaquah)
Take a right and head down for a few miles, you'll pass S.E. 288th to your right you're getting close, go for awhile the road will go up a little hill, at the top of the hill to your right will be a little pull off where people park and a big ole Black Diamond sign with a fake white little coal cart.

i'll pm you my number if you think you can make it.....