Quantcast

When things don't go right ! -- The crash thread

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
who won????
The race or the break dance contest?

Dan got back on the bike first and beat me to the finish, bastard. If I had just taken the high line, I would have passed FTW, but I knew he was ahead of me so I dove in to take the low-high line in hopes I'd cut him off at the exit. Little did I know he'd wreck right in front of me. Serves me right for trying to use strategery in a race.

Mike.rider

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
renton, WA
Always wear a fullface helmet! this happend riding at a local BMX track doubling through a rythm section i came up short nosing in endoed hit a rock and stoped with my face.

ctrailfreak

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Independence,Mo
Don't forget shin guards! This happened to me today at the Skate park. Tore a 1" flap of skin on my leg, and cut all the way to the bone. And I have to take my pedals to the barber shop for a hair cut now!

i'm bummed that no-one was there to get pics of my crash, but here is my newest reason to get a new frame...

30 minutes later

my DH bike for now... its going to get my DH pedals and rear brake...

i NEVER want to here the sound of snapping metal again... its just one of those things that make you go ,"SH!T!!!"(Pharcyde, hahaha)... and your face doesnt feel to good a second later...

bobushka king

Irontaint
Jun 26, 2007
This is what happens when you get too comfortable hitting a stunt, you get sloppy.

Just to explain one thing, the reason I banked so hard to the right is that there is a 3 foot rock drop that I was trying to avoid. I tryed to make it to the right of the tree, and as you can see I didn't make it.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
me in the middle of the sequence

Dave learning that the mud is soft

Vince hating on some poles.

figured i would finally thrown in my entries for the crash thread. its not often we get pics of them so i hope you boys enjoy.

skatetokil

Turbo Monkey
Jan 2, 2005
DC/Bluemont VA
i'm bummed that no-one was there to get pics of my crash, but here is my newest reason to get a new frame...

30 minutes later

my DH bike for now... its going to get my DH pedals and rear brake...

i NEVER want to here the sound of snapping metal again... its just one of those things that make you go ,"SH!T!!!"(Pharcyde, hahaha)... and your face doesnt feel to good a second later...
Moving from one deathtrap bike to another eh?

I've seen posts of you riding that jalopy for too long. You seriously can't scrape together $200 for a genuine dh frame? I propose we take up a collection to get you something that will not instantly shatter.

Set up a paypal account and post these pictures in a new thread and I'm sure you will have no shortage of donations from concerned monkeys. It's sure to be cheaper for us than the inevitable "cheetaprowlerdh memorial fund" that your buddies will post up here when you die.

Spero

ass rainbow
Jul 12, 2005
Tejas

Damn dude. My DH is still alive and probably shouldn't be.

Moving from one deathtrap bike to another eh?

I've seen posts of you riding that jalopy for too long. You seriously can't scrape together $200 for a genuine dh frame? I propose we take up a collection to get you something that will not instantly shatter.

Set up a paypal account and post these pictures in a new thread and I'm sure you will have no shortage of donations from concerned monkeys. It's sure to be cheaper for us than the inevitable "cheetaprowlerdh memorial fund" that your buddies will post up here when you die.

not sure you caught on, the comment on the POS wally world bike was a joke...

$200 for a true DH frame? where the hell do i find that?

either way, i doesnt matter now, i'm racing for Rotec for now on... Ferrari's now, not Jalopy's:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

how are these screenshots for additions:
FactoryCostcoDH with no speed

me missing the rut into the sand

me- from our video a year ago... dislocated shoulder "on the rocks":busted: