Quantcast

When you go camping, what time do you start drinkin beer?

What is an acceptable time to start drinking beer while camping?

• When you wake up

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • 2 hours after waking up

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Only after 12 noon

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • Who stops drinking beer when they are camping?

Votes: 34 64.2%

• Total voters

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
dh girlie said:
I'd rather sleep on dirt than in a Motel 6! YUCK!

:D I dunno, I just can't get into the camping thing. Passing out on the beach at Rocky Point once or twice a year, I can see, but yea, I'll catch up to ya at the campsite/trailhead after a morning shower.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
douglas said:
(chicks are so catty)

why do you care what she thinks?
Oh I don't care what she thinks of me...I know she really likes me and thinks I'm a good person anyhow. I'm just kinda curious why she was so judgemental about a person whom she always says 'is such a good person' just cuz said person drinks beer in the morning while camping! :D

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
stinkyboy said:
:D I dunno, I just can't get into the camping thing. Passing out on the beach at Rocky Point once or twice a year, I can see, but yea, I'll catch up to ya at the campsite/trailhead after a morning shower.

oh I'm with you on the shower thing...I need bathrooms with plumbing too...and at least somewhat clean. I don't camp too often, but when I do it has to be a good campground. Also, I get pissed that people get bent if you are making slight noise at 9 pm but they can get up at 6 and let their kids scream and make hella noise...:think: now that I think of it...I don't like camping!

J

JRB

dh girlie said:
oh I'm with you on the shower thing...I need bathrooms with plumbing too...and at least somewhat clean. I don't camp too often, but when I do it has to be a good campground. Also, I get pissed that people get bent if you are making slight noise at 9 pm but they can get up at 6 and let their kids scream and make hella noise...:think: now that I think of it...I don't like camping!
You're such a whiney little bitch. :D

riderx

Monkey
Aug 14, 2001
Fredrock
pnj said:
fwiw, I don't camp.

something about hanging out in the woods, with a bunch of guys, seems kinda gay.....
Only for those who are already pre-disposed. I guess you are just keeping your tendancies in check. Kind of like not buying a gallon of ice cream so you don't eat it all.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
stinkyboy said:
Why sleep on dirt, and be filthy for days when you could sleep in a clean bed?
This, ironically, coming from stinkboy. :p

I am living proof that church, camping, bikes, beer, bourbon and buds are not mutually exclusive concepts. Weekend before last, I polished off a case of Yuengling B&T, a fiddy o' K and put a hefty dent into a handle of Evan Williams while camping up near Diablo. I started drinking Friday to celebrate my successful tent/camp set-up, and other than while driving to and from Mountain Creek, did not cease doing so until early Monday morning before breaking camp. :evil:

Tweek

I Love Cheap Beer!
llkoolkeg said:
I started drinking Friday to celebrate my successful tent/camp set-up,
That's reason enough to celebrate. I take forever to set up and always have to redo something or other.
and other than while driving to and from Mountain Creek, did not cease doing so until early Monday morning before breaking camp. :evil:
I'll have to stay the F outta your way if we ever happen to cross paths on the trail. I can't drink while I'm riding. :dead:

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
stinkyboy said:
Why not shower when camping? I sure as hell do! I always bring a couple 5-gallon jugs of water w/gravity valve, set them on the roof of the car and take a military shower each morning(plus as needed) using the vehicle as a privacy shield from adjacent sites. Shampoo...soap...toothpaste...cool breeze...birds chirping...it's a wonderful experience not unlike utilizing external beach house showers.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
valve bouncer said:
You're an experienced camper, I can tell. ;)
it would be earlier but i usually wait for my buddies to show up, etiquette dictates as such.
I also have the distinction of being drunk on just about every river in Texas, i have just a few left to go :)a

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
Tweek said:
I'll have to stay the F outta your way if we ever happen to cross paths on the trail. I can't drink while I'm riding. :dead:
Hahaha...no worries. I would only get a buzz on riding mornings and not drink at all while riding. It was so fvcking hot two weekends ago at Diablo that the only thing I could stomach while actually there was ice water, gatorade and Skunkenberry. No food, beer or anything else until getting back to the car at 4:15pm after the lifts closed. Two beers and an hour later, I was finally ready to head back to the campsite and get serious. I must admit, I tend to party pretty hard while camping and the friends I was with were easily eclipsed and probably mortified. They'd seen me party at bars, in houses and at the 'shed many times before, but camping calls forth a whole new threshold and scale for my partying. :devil:

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
riderx said:
The Sun Shower rocks. It can get hotter than your one at home!
Dude, you would not have believed the setup the family in the next site had. They had a huge domed tent(probably a 12 man) which had fully covered, screened and enclosed breezeways to adjoining structures. It looked like SkyLab or something. The adjoining structures included a private shower, a lavatory and a gathering/eating room which enveloped the full-sized picnic table that each site was equipped with. I'm surprised they didn't have a flatscreen HDTV mounted in the tent w/portable dish and windowbox air conditioner! It looked like they had set up an Everest base camp and were there before I came and after I left four days later. It was a well-heeled latino family probably there for a spiritual retreat as every night before dinner, they sang a prayer in rondo with alto, tenor and baritone lines.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
douglas said:
and what does that have to do with the price of tea in china?
Well...nothing...he called me a whiney bitch...cuz I said I need a shower and clean bafrooms when I camp...I wasn't being whiney...I was simply saying that aside from my tough image, I'm still a girly girl, but not to the point of being TOO girly girl...ahhh...nevermind...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
llkoolkeg said:
Dude, you would not have believed the setup the family in the next site had. They had a huge domed tent(probably a 12 man) which had fully covered, screened and enclosed breezeways to adjoining structures. It looked like SkyLab or something. The adjoining structures included a private shower, a lavatory and a gathering/eating room which enveloped the full-sized picnic table that each site was equipped with. I'm surprised they didn't have a flatscreen HDTV mounted in the tent w/portable dish and windowbox air conditioner! It looked like they had set up an Everest base camp and were there before I came and after I left four days later. It was a well-heeled latino family probably there for a spiritual retreat as every night before dinner, they sang a prayer in rondo with alto, tenor and baritone lines.
Over the holidays I saw a family camping that had a Direct TV sattelite dish and TV set up in their camp. Talk about roughing it. I prefer backpacking type minimalist camping. I solve the shower problem with home made baby wipes made from peroxide and rubbing alcohol. Not refreshing but keeps you clean and prevents BO.

J

JRB

dh girlie said:
Well...nothing...he called me a whiney bitch...cuz I said I need a shower and clean bafrooms when I camp...I wasn't being whiney...I was simply saying that aside from my tough image, I'm still a girly girl, but not to the point of being TOO girly girl...ahhh...nevermind...
OK - just tugging the chain. I like to take me a shower when I camp too.

J

JRB

dh girlie said:
Ohhh realllly...hey loco-gringo...you wanna go get a pedicure with me? I know a place called Island Pedicure where they will give us rum and pineapple juice while our tootsies are pampered...
Sure - do you get nekkid pedicures by chance??? :thumb:

iresmoke1

Monkey Flirt
Aug 1, 2001
Philadelphia
stinkyboy said:
I'm all for excessive alcohol consumption, but I never understood camping. Why sleep on dirt, and be filthy for days when you could sleep in a clean bed?
That's what I'm talking about.
I have gone camping and I drink the ENTIRE time or I can't handle it.
Who the hell camps sober????

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
dh girlie said:
Ohhh realllly...hey loco-gringo...you wanna go get a pedicure with me? I know a place called Island Pedicure where they will give us rum and pineapple juice while our tootsies are pampered...
If they do back waxings I'm in.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
dh girlie said:
Strictly pedicures at Island Pedicure, but I'm sure some salons will wax your gorilla back!
I'd post pix, but I'm a few minutes from doing the 111 degree ride to the bar, and no, I won't be showering until I get home.
:oink:

Oh, what the hell: