Quantcast

Where can I get one crankarm? Help!

Dangerous E

Monkey
May 24, 2006
Coorstown, CO
Here's the story: Truvativ warrantied a crank set for me (the non-drive side was all messed up) and since it was the second warranty they just took my word for it and sent me the new goods (super cool). So now I have a perfectly good drive side Truvativ Hussefult crank but no non-drive side. I really don't want to waste half of crank set that works just fine but Truvativ said they couldn't get me just a non-drive side crank. My LBS tried but struck out. Any help would be greatly appreciated--if I can get this figured out I can finish building my franken-bike. Thanks y'all.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
My advice would be to sell the solo cranks and use the money towards the purchase of a new set. It's going to be hard to find a single crank arm...D

mshred

Monkey
Aug 6, 2006
wow. that is EXACTLY what happened to me, same crank too. Well, my LBS told me that i needed to buy a whole new set of cranks, which is aparently quite expensive. But, luck struck me, and the shop just got a non-drive side crank in, used. 30 smackers! same one, works fine, and im happy. look around i guess

Dangerous E

Monkey
May 24, 2006
Coorstown, CO
Thanks for the info--seems to be the consensus that one crank arm will not get you far in this world. Way to go on scoring the one you needed though. Well if anyone comes across a non-drive side Truvativ Hussefelt 175 mm crank you know who to call.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
Thanks for the info--seems to be the consensus that one crank arm will not get you far in this world. Way to go on scoring the one you needed though. Well if anyone comes across a non-drive side Truvativ Hussefelt 175 mm crank you know who to call.
uh....If they crank is the same length and ISIS it shouldn't matter the brand?!

mshred

Monkey
Aug 6, 2006
I dont think it would be toooo much of a problem if you found a similar crank that may be 5mm or so longer, or shorter. I'd doubt youd notice the difference, unless you are like cross country or road racing or anything, for dh and dj's and stuff, i think it would be alright; seeing as small things like that shouldn't pose to much of a problem..

Dangerous E

Monkey
May 24, 2006
Coorstown, CO
Yeah, not sure I'm down with two different length cranks--even if it's only 5 mm. And I actually started this whole debaucle by calling Truvativ. In the past they've been super helpful. Not that they weren't this time it's just that they don't deal direct with consumers. My LBS called too and Truvativ said I'm pretty much s.o.l. So what other cranks will work with an Isis bottom bracket?