Quantcast

Where did you ride today?

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I rode Desert Classic this morning at 0630.
And now I wish I could freebase 5 Hour Energy.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
No pics yet, some chest cams of my balls since I'm learning to position my chest mount but I started my day with Maribor WC track. Still need to regain my confidence to hit that rockgarden on the straightest line full speed. It's a bit 50/50 in terms of rock grinding on it. Uber gnar.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Rode my desk chair at work while posting on teh :monkey:. No pics since I work in a secure building for a security company.

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
Beech Mtn Definitely NOT Boulder
My bikes haven't touched dirt in weeks. :( Most riding I've been doing is cruising around town on my DJ and one day on my DH bike, idk why.. I guess I missed riding it. And I'm about to whip my DJ over to this girl's house since it's nice out and I'm slightly tipsy :monkeydance:

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
UP? UP JAVELINA? Oh you can just go fork yourself sir. I've done that ride, my junk was number than GFF's and I was tripping balls from sweating out some of my early 20's.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
The neighborhood parks.

My hardtail is down and I don't like my FS on the streets, plus it was night and I figure a high speed road ride in the mist is death, so I took my commuter single speed up and down the short singletrack and park paths.

It was fun!

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
UP? UP JAVELINA? Oh you can just go fork yourself sir. I've done that ride, my junk was number than GFF's and I was tripping balls from sweating out some of my early 20's.
Climbing Javelina isn't that bad, we rode our DH bikes up it last time.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Thacher Park in Albany County - fun escarpment trails while riding over Devonian era fossils. Not my pics but representative nonetheless:

Hang Glider Cliff:

Saw a lot of vultures drying off their wings in the 1 hour of sunshine we got, just like this:

EDIT:
Can't ride here, but there are some neat hiking trails in Thacher as well:

Last, I always pass a farm filled with Highland Cattle on the way there and back, sets a nice tone to the ride:

Last edited:

Ruffles

Chimp
Apr 3, 2012
Selah, Wa
All sweet pics! I rode to my LBS today for a tune up, leaving her overnight so I walked back...9 miles :thumb: I took some scenery pics on my walk.

15 MPH.JPG Clouds 2.JPG Peeking.JPG River 7.JPG

Last edited:

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
So jealous...15 hours at work makes JohnE a dull boy. All of it inside too. Sometimes work sucks...but I dreamt my new ride arrived today, may be a good sign!

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
This is part of our local spot. Setup is like a clay skatepark, with dirt jumps mixed in. We have a shady character named No-Visible-Means-Of-Support-Mike who maintains it. Area is a very old phosphate mine, they dug up clay and deposited it around the main hole.

Ruffles

Chimp
Apr 3, 2012
Selah, Wa
Went to a new area today called Rocky Top road. Its a mountainous area with a bunch of singletrack action. My dad and I went up there for the first time today and had a blast! Afterwards we went on a group ride with me, him, and his grilfriend. All in all it was a good riding day!

100_1171.JPG100_1173.JPG100_1175.JPG

rudywa

Chimp
Jun 26, 2011
I rode at the gym!
Im psyched, Im doing full revolutions on the bike now!!
Then I rode the dumbass train, my "friend" and his wife stopped by
Dumbasses!!

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I rode to the top of a hill to watch the dirt jumpers jump on Pinnacle Hill. Just off the hook action. I wish I had a decent camera.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
I rode to the top of a hill to watch the dirt jumpers jump on Pinnacle Hill. Just off the hook action. I wish I had a decent camera.
Dirt jumpers at Pinnacle Hill? I didn't know there was a jump track there. I may need to check that out sometime.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Rode to work...left house at 0450, broke road bike chain at 0458. Returned to house, got single speed...rode hills in, quads screaming. Damn thing sure was fast with high pressure slicks on it...add Speed King knobbies and it slows down a bit. Couldnt be the rider...

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Went and rode Papago at 11. Already getting too hot at that time of day for my fat corpse.

Its in town, which makes it perfect for a 6 mile lunch loop.

Stopped half way to cool off.

Then I came back up to the truck, and for the life of me I couldn't figure out why it was it smelled like **** to the extent that my stomach started to grumble. Then I looked down...

So:
Higher temps + fast 6 mile ride + baby **** diaper = end of ride road vomit.
Its always a good ride when you chunder at the end.