Quantcast

Where is my "Lahar"?

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
The only reason i stumbled upon a jedi, was through trying to get a lahar (the rearwards sold me) Found out there was no way in hell i could get 1, so i got a jedi, very happy with the jedi, doesnt have a gearbox, but its a good alternative to a lahar.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
whoa, necro thread. yeah, #007 is still running strong; not that it gets used much these days (i've gone full enduro). i dust it off for the occasional whistler run. seven years old, and the geometry is still in the ballpark; still a fun & burly ride.

2phass

Chimp
Jul 20, 2002
After a hiatus of a few years I got the bug this past weekend and did a couple of runs at Silver Star. xy9nine is correct this bike is still way a head of it's time.

IMG_0105.jpg

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
When you bag and defame someone publicly you screw any chance of them getting the resources needed to honour their commitments. Or get jobs or start new businesses. Please remove this threas
Ah, so it's the customer's fault.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Here's your 'resources'

I need urgent help from anyone who might give me some information on the where about of Aaron Franklin from Lahar.

The man received the a full payment for the bike, I trusted him completly and now I doubt it if i'm ever going to get the bike or atleast a refund of my money.

You know when you take someone's hard earned money and then hide from them you make it impossible for them to give a fuck about your well being, your future projects, or the resources you implied you had to deliver what they paid for.

You, Jan Karpiel, and Brad Hodges should go in on a time share together where you can play drums shirtless on the beach and talk about how the world has wronged you.

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Something for everyone to consider-

When you pay for something, you're not really just paying with money. You're paying with the hours of your life that it took to earn that money.

Mountain bikers are an interesting bunch because of how much we prioritize our bikes and our lifestyle over everything else. We will live in a shack or a van or on our friend's couch for a few months so we can scrape up enough money for a good bike and gear and the funds to travel to an epic riding spot. We will dedicate all our resources to getting those things and be fine with having nothing else.

When that bike is taken away, some people can be left with little else. All the hours of that person's life where they worked to get that bike are suddenly worthless.

And that's why in our community no one bats an eye when some one talks about wanting to kill or beat a bike thief senseless.

And that's also why no one here is going to be sympathetic to taking someone's money and not delivering on a bike.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
You, Jan Karpiel, and Brad Hodges should go in on a time share together where you can play drums shirtless on the beach and talk about how the world has wronged you.
Alan Chang and Tony Ellsworth

SuperCo II?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'm sure the RM commentary is what was causing the problems...this place has massive global influence.
True. RM is the magic hand that determines the fate of so many. The stock market is manipulated, politicians bought and sold, ISIS formed and financed. Not for wealth or power, but for the uncontrollable lust for rep.

Last edited:

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
Phew, dodged a bullet here. I was dead set on investing my massive resources in some wacky kiwi framebuilding venture until somebody bumped this thread yesterday.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
So I'm confused, if I were making frames and took money for a frame, does that mean I should have the means to make it?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I am currently taking deposits for a bike with the following specs:

Billionty Shimz
Rideable shock ratio
26.27529: wheel size
Rootbeer
11 speed CVT
Optimized chainstay lengths
Rux
2019 delivery or no money back
Non-flexy looks
Boost

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Interesting bunch alright. Steal your bikes. Take wages accommodation vehicles and international travel expenses and though they know you have worked for twenty years living in toxic factories without income to give everyone something they want and need. They steal bikes cars thirty thousand bucks worth of parts. And jump on board with rich losers trying to steal your company when they are told they should be the designer and promised glamour pro race careers. Ronsen you were offered your lahar with a Alfine refused it. If you want your money. Ox Jarrod Boyce Patrick little Tim nelson all stole bikes and much more. Could add a few more to that list. Alan wall my stepfather stole the money for your rohloff. Want his details get in touch.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Interesting bunch alright. Steal your bikes. Take wages accommodation vehicles and international travel expenses and though they know you have worked for twenty years living in toxic factories without income to give everyone something they want and need. They steal bikes cars thirty thousand bucks worth of parts. And jump on board with rich losers trying to steal your company when they are told they should be the designer and promised glamour pro race careers. Ronsen you were offered your lahar with a Alfine refused it. If you want your money. Ox Jarrod Boyce Patrick little Tim nelson all stole bikes and much more. Could add a few more to that list. Alan wall my stepfather stole the money for your rohloff. Want his details get in touch.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
apparently they also stole the periods from your sentences.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
True. RM is the magic hand that determines the fate of so many. The stock market is manipulated, politicians bought and sold, ISIS formed and financed
ISIS?
I thought we as a people moved onto the Hollowtech II interface back in 2004