Quantcast

Where is my "Lahar"?

DHOatmeal

Chimp
Jul 5, 2007
I have no idea now. I've not spoken to him for a long time. I would imagine it is though.
I have only said what I believed to be the truth. I am not defending Aarron, I just don't think tainting his name will help anyone get their bikes. If anyone wanted to help these people get their bikes, I'd encourage you all to stop the witch hunt now. I'd like to see Lahar survive, as they're an awesome bike.
It really isn't my place to say anything more on the matter, and I've said all I know, I was only trying to help.
I don't wish to partake in this thread anymore as it serves no beneficial purpose, all my comments have been said, and I stand by them, I'm sure you'll find any answers to questions you have to me in the thread above.
You are an idiot.

ronson

Chimp
Mar 22, 2006
:imstupid: What makes you think they people who have said they contacted him in fact did??? For every person on here that have told you do wait and be patient and don't call the cops because it would make it worst is ONLY this to give this @ss more time to flee with your money. If you stated calling the cops 3-6 months after payment.. then maybe you could of got your money back.

You are stupid to not do anything. Please look at my suggestions/repondses before. You ONLY recourse is to start calling local authorities and file a complaint for FRAUD or whatever charges you can make. Give ALL info you have on him. Let the authorities deal with it. You may or maybe not get your money but at least the police will know and it is recorded. Maybe he will rip off hte wrong person in the future and you telling the police maybe contribute to him getting arrested/charge. GOD you are stupid to wait so long and do nothing.

Maybe I'm stupid.......

But I doubt it if the local authorities can and will do anything about this case.

If and when I'll decide that i'm not going to get the bike or the money back from Aaron, believe me I'll come knocking on his door.

In the meanwhile i'm using all the sources i got to try and resolve this.

If any of you guys have some new info, please share it.

4speed

Chimp
Mar 15, 2008
New Zealand
I feel for you dude ,im still waiting for mine to ,its been 13 months now ,talked to him the other day,and he said he hasnt got the money to buy the last bits to finish off some bikes,one of witch is mine,he is pretty slack at ringing people back,but he rung me back pretty much straight away after i told him i was going to get someone to sort this out for me.i hope he comes through soon cause im getting real pissed off.:banghead:

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
You are an idiot.
Are you right?
What the f*** is he going to do on the other side of the world? I believe the guys waiting best course of action was the one they followed, it may or may not pan out, but they sure as hell won't get cash of someone that doesn't have it, do you think the police will make the money for them? Sure, lay charges, do whatever, but giving Lahar some time to hopefully get their **** together was the best chance they had. I was given money to buy Rohloffs here in Australia from Lahar for the outstanding frames, and I did, so to me it would appear that they were going to get their bikes, and all the chest beating wasn't going to help in any way, and for all we know, it may well have ruined their chances of getting their frames. I've been in contact with everyone waiting for frames and told the everything I can to help.
I don't see how calling people idiots will help anything.

4speed

Chimp
Mar 15, 2008
New Zealand
I think your right its not going to solve anything,if i had a lot of spare cash id probably buy the bussiness of him ,but keep him on just to design and build.maybe he should be flipping burgers a night to help out the people he has put out so much..

.Pit Steelers.

Nostradumbass
Jun 18, 2006
Hawaii
Skid, i thought you were done with this thread...anyways you dont think lahar has had enough time to get his "**** together"? It's been over a year from what i understand. Thats way to long to be wating.

Punter

Chimp
May 8, 2006
Maybe I'm stupid.......

But I doubt it if the local authorities can and will do anything about this case.

If and when I'll decide that i'm not going to get the bike or the money back from Aaron, believe me I'll come knocking on his door.

In the meanwhile i'm using all the sources i got to try and resolve this.

If any of you guys have some new info, please share it.
Hey,

I'm flying up to Aarons place next week to get your bike built. I'll email you and let you know how it goes. I fly up 1st - 3rd with the sole purpose of getting your bike built.

peace out

ronson

Chimp
Mar 22, 2006
Hey,

I'm flying up to Aarons place next week to get your bike built. I'll email you and let you know how it goes. I fly up 1st - 3rd with the sole purpose of getting your bike built.

peace out
Thanks Bro, please update me whenever you can.

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
Don't use the quick set stuff,It doesnt seem to work.
Use the one that take a few hours to cure.
When I do the bearings on mine,I do all the needful and then leave it for a day or two.Just to make sure.

knorke

Chimp
May 17, 2008
I always used 24h 2 component epoxy in the past when i homemade some carbonparts for RC-Airplanes. If you can i would put it in an oven too.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
though i had epoxy in hand, i actually didn't use anything when i replaced the bearings this winter. the tolerances were nice & snug so i just pressed them in & they've been fine so far; no creaking or indication of any movement (personal results may vary).

punter - props for being pro-active. that's some great initiative. keep in touch.

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
You dont need to put it in a oven.
24h would be fine but i use 2 hour araldite.
Works a treat

SlackBoy

Monkey
Apr 1, 2002
Wellington, New Zealand
though i had epoxy in hand, i actually didn't use anything when i replaced the bearings this winter. the tolerances were nice & snug so i just pressed them in & they've been fine so far; no creaking or indication of any movement (personal results may vary).

punter - props for being pro-active. that's some great initiative. keep in touch.
It's those glasses of his, when he gets there, he'll be whipping them off, and putting on a cape. He's soooo dreamy

mike425

Monkey
Apr 16, 2004
I've been a silent reader of this thread since it began. I've got a beer chilled in the fridge that I'm guna break out if you guys get your frames :cheers:

Any news from the guy who was on his way out there?

RMboy

Monkey
Dec 1, 2006
England the Great...
Mate i cant still believe your waiting...!!! When he has it finished just call him and say i don't want it anymore, and go get a better bike!!!

Or sue him or something... its really unfair what he has done!!

RMboy

Monkey
Dec 1, 2006
England the Great...
AHAHAHAHAH well thats what i would do!!!

Anyway im English we don't east fast food!!!hehe

No i mean when its finished ask for the money back, then he would have to go and find another buyer... i thought this may be away of sort of getting his own back.. But hey i could be talking poop!

Punter

Chimp
May 8, 2006
i went up there and talked to aaron. there is a 95% finished frame sitting there, and another new mainframe which is ronsons. there is also a swingarm for rod the aussie. as aaron doesnt have a workshop at the moment(well a single garage that leaks).. and its 8-10degrees she aint so good leaning towards carbonfibre moulding conditions. still there is progress even if it is so fu*king horrible **** and slow.
I gave aaron 50bucks to post rods swingarm so hopefull that gets underway(i couldnt do it myself as aaron still had a bit of finishing to do on it) so yer. basically i got nowhere and feel a bit ****, but at least i know the work that needs done is underway, the bikes do exist and are on the way.
peace out

sayndesyn

Turbo Monkey
Does this Aaron guy have a severe drinking problem, or is he a meth addict? Nobody can possibly be this big of a f@wk up without some sort of help. If you can't do something you shouldn't take the money. If you take the money, you shouldn't friggin spend it until you deliver the product. Otherwise you have no incentive to finish the project in a timely manner.

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
There is and never will be a bike in existance that is worth the fiasco that is lahar. At one point the bikes had a cool exotic factor to them, now when people see them I think they will snicker and laugh knowing the **** that had to be waded through. I feel bad for anyone who was initially sucked in and has no way of recouping their money, but anybody who considers a lahar in the future is a sucker. What is the resale value on a bike that takes three years to build? "You need a new swingarm? I should be able to overnight one to you...in about five years."

90% rider, 10% bike. In this case, unfortunately, you are 10% short.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Ronson,
If you have any option of legal recourse, you should take it now. There is nobody left to help you out, and Aaron will not build you a bike. Your money is lost, unless you can force him to give it back to you. A legal injunction may be able to garnish his wages until you can collect the full amount.

Please tell me you saved any receipts though. Maybe one of the people living in NZ can assist you in contacting the proper authorities. I know some of them love their bikes and are friends with Aaron, but it's pretty hard to deny that something is up.

Good luck...

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
thats why i was wondering how much $ was involved. depending, it might be time to just give up and walk away.
i think it's der whole deal...I remember something along the lines of $3500 being tossed around, but it was very close to the full retail of the frameset, which was 4250 or so last time aaron ran the numbers.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
i went up there and talked to aaron. there is a 95% finished frame sitting there, and another new mainframe which is ronsons. there is also a swingarm for rod the aussie. as aaron doesnt have a workshop at the moment(well a single garage that leaks).. and its 8-10degrees she aint so good leaning towards carbonfibre moulding conditions. still there is progress even if it is so fu*king horrible **** and slow.
I gave aaron 50bucks to post rods swingarm so hopefull that gets underway(i couldnt do it myself as aaron still had a bit of finishing to do on it) so yer. basically i got nowhere and feel a bit ****, but at least i know the work that needs done is underway, the bikes do exist and are on the way.
peace out
thanks for the effort & update (for what it's worth). i'm assuming the rumor of an m10 is just that then?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
if he releases another bike without delivering on the several he's neglecting, I'm calling an even larger e-jihad on his rear end. I'll take it to the lounge, and maybe even MTBR. I swear man, I'll do it.

I will post hell of nasty things about stuff.

Punter

Chimp
May 8, 2006
thanks for the effort & update (for what it's worth). i'm assuming the rumor of an m10 is just that then?
yep, its a myth. there is no development or any sign of an M10 other than in aarons head.

sorry i couldnt get anyhting achieved but the situation i saw when i got there pretty much explained everything. the conditions are pretty stink. its unfortunate cause he probably has completely ****ed Lahar as a brand.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
yep, its a myth. there is no development or any sign of an M10 other than in aarons head.

sorry i couldnt get anyhting achieved but the situation i saw when i got there pretty much explained everything. the conditions are pretty stink. its unfortunate cause he probably has completely ****ed Lahar as a brand.
yeah. sh1tty deal. an unfortunate end to a great bike. alas, i'll happily rock mine till it explodes (if it ever does), then hang it on the wall. will make a great sculpture / conversation piece.

davet

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
its unfortunate cause he probably has completely ****ed Lahar as a brand.
probably?? ya think?

everytime I read this thread it makes me angry towards anyone trying to defend this chump.

And while I feel for the guys who have lost their money and will never see a bike (which is what I believe, they will never get the bike they ordered) I have to think if you haven't seen the light and started legal action by now, you kind of get what you deserve.

Punter

Chimp
May 8, 2006
probably?? ya think?

everytime I read this thread it makes me angry towards anyone trying to defend this chump.

And while I feel for the guys who have lost their money and will never see a bike (which is what I believe, they will never get the bike they ordered) I have to think if you haven't seen the light and started legal action by now, you kind of get what you deserve.
you're wrong. they will get a bike. but right on the other points

Punter

Chimp
May 8, 2006
yeah. sh1tty deal. an unfortunate end to a great bike. alas, i'll happily rock mine till it explodes (if it ever does), then hang it on the wall. will make a great sculpture / conversation piece.
true that. i've got three souvineirs. they will stay with me forever and be a good conversation point while having a lager in the garage