Quantcast

where to get some shock bushings

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
well i tryed to order some from my lbs but they seem completely unable to do it because i came in like 3 weeks later and they said they need to see my bike for some reason. and they never bothered to call me and tell me that. they think that because i have a 5th on there it makes the bushings totally different or something. so i need to know where to get some online. because im too lazy to put my bike back together right now to ride it over there then walk back. preferable a place i can like just get the side pieces instead of a hole kit.

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
its not the du bushing.
http://www.speedgoat.com/product-popup.asp?part=42895
its those things. i found some anyways finally. but does anyone that work in a bike shop see why it would be so hard just to order a stupid bushing kit without seeing my bike. pisses me off how they didnt even call me to tell me they wanted to see it. guess ill just get a new headset from somewhere else like the far away lbs where i got my bike cause they actually got good service.

Edit: i do have the tool. guy i bought it from included everything it originally came with.

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
Hmm, unless you put the progressive on as an aftermarket upgrade the bushing kit should be a standard kit. I'd think your LBS should have been able to determine what you needed by just knowing what year and model your bike is. Imagine going to the parts counter at your car dealership and saying, I need a clutch, they ask for your year make and model then say they'll order it. Three weeks later you stop by to find out where your clutch is and they say they never ordered it because they needed to see your car to make sure they got the right one. That's bull crap, if they can't look in thier manuals or computer databases and find the part you need they don't deserve your business. Sucks there isn't a better shop closer to you, this is why I do a lot of shopping at places like Go-Ride where they actually know what's going on, and a lot less shopping at places like bills house of bikes where the kid at the counter doesn't have a clue. Actually I don't mind doing mail order if it's some place that's cool, I even feel better about shopping at Go-Ride or Universal Cycles than I do shopping at the local Performance or Supergo superstore.

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
well the 5th is aftermarket. i let em know that it uses the same exact bushings i already had. they just keep saying they need to make sure its compatible or whatever. its like they think im stupid. if it didnt work right then i wouldnt run it. all i want is a Fin bushing kit. they are just stupid. but there is a good shop that most people would probly consider close by but its not close when you have to ride there. its not just like a quick trip over. but this crappy one takes me about 3 minutes to ride too. one reason why im definately not gonna take it in there is cause i dont wanna take there **** cause with the 5th the side of the spring rubs a tiny bit on the plate so it takes the paint off so its missing paint in some spots so they are gonna be telling me oh thats not safe you cant run that.