Quantcast

???Where's Teh GMT???

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Do you ever have those "I totally forgot about that thing I did in my youth" remembrances when talking to buddies? I just had one from the 'bad Stoney, no biscuit' era and it threw me way off balance for sure. Very weird indeed...

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Last day of soccer camp and the stoke is high! Yesterday’s trail provided 4 different types of scenery (grass meadow, rocky and bushy, pine needle trail and ferns, and perfect dirt with mossy trees. I love where I live!). It was great for getting my head back in the game—not strenuous, but the kind of trail where you just pedal hard the whole time and the wind is blowing in your hair and you just get lost—literally, these are not well marked trails, nor do they follow any maps I’ve found—and it was the best ever. A little go go juice and I’m ready to play again!

Have a killer day!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
story time.
Nothing too special. We were talking about some common friends moving back to TX after they make enough money in the Bay Area, but only to Austin. One of my old roommates was from TX, went to UT, and moved to SF. She had a visible moral break with the "liberal" side because it all made sense to her, but she grew up in conservative TX.

I had the flashback to our very interesting relationship as roommates, friends w/ benefits. She has an identical twin that was so identical that there was no cues to tell them apart, they even sounded the same. We all went out one night while she was visiting and K had gone home with somebody else. Because of how hard it was to tell them apart, there was a lot of usage of 'her', 'you', 'your sister', 'your room' (they were sharing the room), etc. that wasn't person specific. I thought it was her sister (K), so when we (J) got home, we got all kinds of rowdy. Figured out the next morning that K that went home with the other guy and it was J that I rocked silly. We agreed to never tell K, both because of my embarrassment of not being able to tell them apart and because she didn't know that K and I were fwb. Driving J to the airport that afternoon was the weirdest drive ever because looking next to me was K, but looking in the mirror was also K, in the form of J, giving me that very coy 'just got railed' smirk.

It's one of those bragging stories that I think I've told like two of my buddies, just because when it happened I was in fear that it would get back to K and it would be game over. I just remembered it today. I guess that's a perk of ruining your brain on the ground... you get these old memories like new occasionally. :banana:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Well contract signed and converting to full time from consultant from July 1st. Title is VP Digital Marketing as Nilfisk which does industrial cleaning equipment of all kinds and going through all kinds of interesting changes.

First company car will be Audi A4 wagon and then Volvo XC60 after that when it can be delivered. Unfortunately the new V60 is not on sale yet so I will go for the SUV. Its easier to load bikes into with the increased height as I often just put them in the car. Besides the nice car it will include free gas in all of Europe so there will be tons of road trips!
With your skills I am disappoint that you didn't go for a couple of company bikes...

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
So far I've managed to avoid that catastrophe. It's been close a couple times though, to the point where in what I can only attribute to divine intervention, I once stumbled upon a port-a-potty in what might have been my greatest hour of need.
This is why trail running in the woods. In the Olympics of WA State ferns with early morning dew are quite useful.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Well contract signed and converting to full time from consultant from July 1st. Title is VP Digital Marketing as Nilfisk which does industrial cleaning equipment of all kinds and going through all kinds of interesting changes.

First company car will be Audi A4 wagon and then Volvo XC60 after that when it can be delivered. Unfortunately the new V60 is not on sale yet so I will go for the SUV. Its easier to load bikes into with the increased height as I often just put them in the car. Besides the nice car it will include free gas in all of Europe so there will be tons of road trips!

We use your Vacuum cleaners

Exciting stuff

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Good Morning!!

I'm trying to stay seated for as much of the day as possible....I think I broke one of my little piggies when I crashed into the vacuum cleaner in the dark of the hallway last night on my way to bed. Walking is an unpleasant experience. I've got some grocery shopping to do after work, so I'm giving heavy consideration towards checking my dignity (as if I ever had any) at the door, and utilizing the scooter option to get around that bitch...
More importantly, what is the social media girl wearing?

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Tell it again.
I was chatting with a friend who was telling me about her old, deaf, and blind senior dog. And I says to her I says "You know, in certain parts of the south, they're ALL senior dogs!" And she was all "Oh yeah? How's that?" and in my best southern accent I said to her I say "Hey, I SENIOR dawg rootin' thru mah garbage the other day and iffun I see him agin I'mma shoot him!"

You had to be there...