Quantcast

Which frame to buy since no more Super8

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
I sold my M1 after a bad crash in April 2002 and now I'm ready to start buying parts for a new bike for next year.

Santa Cruz has no more Super8's. That's what i wanted. I'm looking for recomendations. After having an M1 I don't want another race bike.

I want a frame that's over built and beefy. I will run a 9" Risse Champ and 24" 3.0's. For abusive freeriding and big drops. Since I'm in Texas, I do not get to see bikes in person, only in print or on the web.

Thanks,

Joel
Dallas. Tx.

B

Bald Eagle

Hey joel, I have a large super 8 for sale in the buy and sell forum. Take a look at it and tell me what you think. I'm open to any reasonable offer.

Later, B/E

RideSiK

Chimp
Apr 23, 2002
australia
balfa BB7 (not sure they might have 9 inches rear) www.balfa.com
if you got coin, brooklyn TMX www.brooklynmachineworks.com
something karpeil armageddon (dont know there site)
clifcat (dont no there site there frames look sick though)
keewee D8 (newzealand company niiiiice very strong frames my mates got a d8 and another one with an old k8 very very nice frames they both have monsters and its one sweet ride...) i think you go via avanti for them so avanti.com ?

i would get the TMX if i had enough money though next, a keewee
find out about them if you have no knowledge they are NIICE bikes...

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
a new Karpiel Disco will do you quite nicely. i've got one with full avalanche. its www.karpiel.com
if you have any questions just ask, i love this thing. you can get a rear triangle just for a 24inch wheel. and with the new adjustable headangle/shock position its great.
also check the www.go-ride.com pics.