Quantcast

Which frame, Trek slash 9, Devinci dixon or Intense Tracer 2

dytrdr5

Chimp
Feb 10, 2010
Hello all, I have a question for those that own one of the above mentioned bikes or perhaps have ridden a couple of them. This will be my trail/enduro racing bike for a couple of years. Price wise they are all about the same, the trek being $100 more than the other two. I will be using a 2012 fox talas 160 upfront and for wheelset an I9 enduro set. Everything else is pretty norm 10 speed drivetrain.

I ride trails here in Houston and even though all of these bikes are a bit overkill for the terrain I like the way slack bikes ride and need an enduro to race on. My riding style is slightly aggresive and enjoy drops and jumps. Any advice is welcomed, TIA.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
The slash and tracer I have experience with. The slash is very dh oriented but still retains good pedaling. The tracer is a crazy good pedaler, but comes up a little short on smoothing chunder. For your everyday riding the tracer will be great. Vpp results in awesome out of the saddle pedaling. The slash isnt happy until you are on steep, gnar terrain. Its sluggish unless you are pinned.

jrock&co

Chimp
Feb 5, 2013
Tracer 2 over the slash as its more versatile. Adjustable geo.
Slash is a pig to climb but itll get u topside eventually w/dh feel goin down (reward)
Havnt seen the dixon.
New talas is supposedly real nice. 2012 upgradable to this new cartridge.

dytrdr5

Chimp
Feb 10, 2010
thanks for the advice guys, I was leaning towards the tracer myself but my friends shop was the one selling the slash and I was getting a good amount off. The dixon was more of the wildcard pick.