Quantcast

Which is better helmet?

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Try them ffs. As much as some people would like you to believe you won't feel 100-200g weight difference as much as you will feel a bad fit that is either loose and causes rash or is so tight you look like you're wearing a boxing helmet.

BigHitComp04

Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
Morgantown, WV
This is very true.
And if you read my D3 modification post in here, removing the plastic strip on the liner, we have removed it on the 2014 helmets FYI.
Where did you post this modification? I assume its on the forehead? I recently got mine and am positive its the correct size but just feels tight (overly tight) right on my forehead. Could you direct me to it? Thanks!

Josef

Monkey
Apr 17, 2013
You take the liner out and snip the hard plastic piece that is on the backside of the forehead out with a sharp knife. Its pretty straight forward once you get the liner out and helped my fit as well as many others greatly. Nice to see that TLD has paid attention and fixed it for 2014.

BigHitComp04

Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
Morgantown, WV
You take the liner out and snip the hard plastic piece that is on the backside of the forehead out with a sharp knife. Its pretty straight forward once you get the liner out and helped my fit as well as many others greatly. Nice to see that TLD has paid attention and fixed it for 2014.
Killer! That was my only complaint with the helmet but i figured it would loosen up a bit as I wore it. Gonna go cut that SOB out right now.

supercow

Monkey
Feb 18, 2009
I had a D3 - smashed it up in a crash - got a Specialized Dissident as a replacement.
Initially I was very impressed with the Specialized, but the build quality doesn;t come close to the D3 I had. The rubber liner inside peeled off and the fracking cheek pads kept on popping off.

Considered a Fox Rampage pro, but decided to stick with the D3.
Took delivery of one of these yesterday :)

The orange is truly BRIGHT!