Quantcast

Which tires for 4x ot Sea Otter?

dv8cam

Monkey
Dec 8, 2003
I am a 200 lb. Sport rider with a Foes FXR suspension frame. What tires would you recommend for racing the Sea Otter Mountain Cross race (keeping in mind that it may be moist/muddy becuase of rain)? Thanks for the hlep guys!

Feb 10, 2003
A, A
Michelin comp 16 in a 2.2 inch....super grippy and roll decently fast in the moist.

if it happens to stay dry...run a comp 24 lite in the fron and and a comp 15 rear. both are sticky rubber and light casing so they will rip for 4x.

Juano

Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
my hi-use
Originally posted by v10"o-PlEaSuRe
Michelin comp 16 in a 2.2 inch....super grippy and roll decently fast in the moist.

if it happens to stay dry...run a comp 24 lite in the fron and and a comp 15 rear. both are sticky rubber and light casing so they will rip for 4x.
If its dry then use maxxis Bling bling up front with a larsen tt in the rear. Last year for the MX I used a bling bling up front and a wet scream in the rear for the finals when it was all muddy.

AZRacerX

Monkey
Mar 4, 2003
Kent, WA
Originally posted by Juano
If its dry then use maxxis Bling bling up front with a larsen tt in the rear. Last year for the MX I used a bling bling up front and a wet scream in the rear for the finals when it was all muddy.
I ran the Bling Bling/Larsen setup at every race last year. At Snowshoe it was super wet and I started to think about switching tires, but the pros qualified right before our finals (also in the mud/rain) and many of them still had their Bling Bling/Larsens on so I didn't change. I was surprised how well those tires hooked up in the wet.

But if you are in my class, I recommend Michelin 3.0s front and rear :D

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
Originally posted by v10"o-PlEaSuRe

I'm 215 and have a FXR as well which I raced last year DS/4x at sea otter. The Comp 16 up front was the same tire I used last year with the 2.1 version of the comp 24 in the rear. The high rollers would work equally well I reckon.

dv8cam

Monkey
Dec 8, 2003
Thansk for the advice guys! I ended up running 1 ply blings in front(2.35) and 2.0 Larsen TT in the back - both tubeless on 823 rims. Worked like a charm...I won 30-40 sport!