Whip it, whip it good!

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
My new whip showed up today.
2017 Niner RIP9 RDO set up as a 27+
Can't wait to build this sucker up! :D
I demoed one 2 weeks ago and fuck me that was a fun ride!
The trails I ride around here are not super high speed with G outs so the plus sizing should be fine for me.
I tend to ride the Grade 5 techy stuff, lots or rocks, roots,off camber and usually in the wet.

Going to maek a few changes from the stock set up like go to some shorter Csixx Dh cranks as I found the Demo bike had a shitload of pedal to ground contact...... and my stumpy legs are not suited to 175mm sticks anyway.
I'll probably chuck a minion on the front and more the Rekon to the back as well..... and a bigger chainring.
30t?!?!?!?! what the fuck!!!! the current zesty I'm running a 32 with the XTR at the back only going to 40t that's sweet as around here so as the Niner has a 42t at the rear I'll start with a 32t and think about going to a 34t after seeing how it climbs (I know it won't climb as well as the Zesty 527).

Apologies for shaky photo...... I was excitable!

IMG1751.jpg

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
Metric.... Oh if only!!!
Imperial..... what a silly neanderthal way of doing things.
When it's built up I should post photo's of it in some of the DH threads to make some monkeys cry. :D

DaveW

Space Monkey
Jul 2, 2001
The bunker at parliament
After 2 rides I moved the Rekon to the back and put a 2.8 Minion on the front.
Definitely notice the increased rolling resistance by the time I'm climbing the 2nd hill but worth it for the grip on the fun stuff.