Quantcast

whip update

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
dialed in now about to be redone shortly. will be cleaner, smoother, and even lighter than current

spec:
nemesis project death mobile w/ short rear end (brad can elaborate)
4x fork slammed to 65mm w/ boxxer progressive spring
fsa carbon internal headset
nemesis project stem urbn camo
folsom prison bars black uncut
ody slick cable
tektro v brake
avid single digit black lever
mtx w/ db spokes to hayes hub shaved disc tabs ghetto tubeless w/ kevlar table top
4 stroke rear, ti axle, eastern nuts, ody chain tensioner, scandium 12t driver, ghetto tubeless w/ old old school light as hell but drying out toiga 2.1 tire
thomson elite post w/ diety dh saddle (best thing in the world for my ridding style)
jimmy le van sig grips w/ plastic ends
deity cranks w/ ti bb and chain wheel bolt
e13 micro drive sproket w/ half bash
nycfreeride race lite pedals w/ glory hole grind plates
kmc colored chain w/ half link (on its way out, being replaced by sl710 or whatever its called in red)

weight...........................26.3lbs

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
nice, diggin the color, it'd be nice if I can get my rig down near that weight....

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
im thinking the weight might be a little light. they just hooked up a new enduro sl pro and it is showing about 1-1.5 lbs lighter than spec says. il have to swoop it by a better scale sometime soon

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
well i could never get my fork stiff enough for my liking with air, it would always extend the fork too much when i got to the pressures that i liked so brad being the evil genius that he is went to work work in the shop and cut down some old boxxer springs that had super progressive coils (im thinking they might even be ti b/c the fork is uber light) and made some retainers for them in the fork

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
well i could never get my fork stiff enough for my liking with air, it would always extend the fork too much when i got to the pressures that i liked so brad being the evil genius that he is went to work work in the shop and cut down some old boxxer springs that had super progressive coils (im thinking they might even be ti b/c the fork is uber light) and made some retainers for them in the fork
YUp

I found some old "works" boxxer springs I had around from who know when, I trimmed off the upper section and left the tighter progressive wound coils . Ran duel springs in DEX's fork with some 20wt BelRay oil and it finally got to were DEX woulnt blow the air out of the travel after pushing down on the fork.
For "some" riders the straight rate air cart's just really dont have the high pressure vs volume that you need for big street moves.

I ran duel coils in my street fork last year also . I found the duel coils made a big difference on harder landing from big wall rides and when hitting really abrupt street lips were the work would normally make a quick CLACK noise from the lowers slamming in bushings / bottom out feel.

You really can't beat duel coil open bath oil forks . I'll stick to this to my last days these will always be more responsive , require less pre-load and resist bottoming out much better than air springs.