Quantcast

Whislter Locals Question??? where is the "Lagoon"(Stoney Creek)

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Hey guys I am thinking of staying at the "Lagoon" it is a condiminium complex within "Stoney Creek" is that in the Village or in Blackcomb?
I have a killer deal lined up there so even if it's in Blackcomb, I can pedal for 5 mins.

Thanks!

We stayed there for a friends Bachelor party, its a 2 minute ride..its a good place. As you pull into Whistler you go left at the first light and its the second condo complex on the left. The main desk is across tfrom the IGA, its a good place stay there....

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
bibs said:
its not even that far,,,,you know where the little water fall thing is, and the 7-eleven?.....its right there...super close :D =
Yup...basically right across the street from the 7-Eleven. We stayed there last year and it was really nice. Our rental condo was plush and close to everything.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Thanks for the fast replies guys! It looks like I'll be there from the 9thish-20thish maybe longer, so I need to hook up with all the BC monkeys for a few pitchers of brewskis! And some local off piste trail riding. Is there any 4-wheeling up there, I will be driving my truck...

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
punkassean said:
Thanks for the fast replies guys! It looks like I'll be there from the 9thish-20thish maybe longer
Of July? If so, we'll be there during that same time frame. :) Actually I think alot of :monkey:s are going to be there then as well.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
yes july, look for a big group with a green stinky primo w/sherman, a red/wht/blue stab primo w/888R, a dark gray stab primo/shiver or 888R, a silver/black stab w/sherman, 2 bullits w/Z150's as well as many other misc. bikes.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
sweet! extended play on weds. night would be cool for max. fun. I am down to ride w/any and all who want to join us!

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I was thinking he might want to skip the weekend crowds being local-ish and all. but really anyday is cool w/ me...what about you Roasted, are you up to speed yet? Have you been on the mountain a lot this season?

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Not up to speed. But thats a few weeks away. I should see some improvements by then. Yesterday was my first day up. I would have been up much more if it wasn't for a torn hamstring. Probably get in 3 or 4 days a week though. Wednesday, thursday, friday night or saturday night.

Definately ride on a wednesday or thursday if you can. The mountain is basically yours. :)