Quantcast

whistler 3rd, 4th, and 5th

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
I am heading up tues-thur for my last days at whistler this year. Looks like its just me right now so if anyone needs a ride let me know.

-Kim

carbuncle

Monkey
Dec 2, 2004
Edmonds, WA
I got back from a day and a half up there today, great conditions and the trails are in way better shape than they were earlier this season!

carbuncle

Monkey
Dec 2, 2004
Edmonds, WA
Yes I am! One day left on the Triple Play plus generous friends (thanks S&C!) and an understanding wife = more fun than a barrel of monkeys! New trail Karate Monkey was fun, did lower Whistler DH, A-line, DM and Old School for the first time, wobbled down upper Schleyer, did a combo run from the Garbo zone, survived having my whole left crank arm tear of my bottom bracket on the DM road that leads into the step-up. Oh, and Angry Pirate has had some serious love put into it, very cool now!

TtotheJ

Monkey
Jan 23, 2005
B'ham, WA
Yep 7th, 8th as well for me. At the moment it looks like it should be decent weather too. Dress warm though if you're gonna ride Garbo as I heard from a few people its pretty cold up there now.

redFoxx

Monkey
Apr 15, 2005
Seattle
Yes I am! One day left on the Triple Play plus generous friends (thanks S&C!) and an understanding wife = more fun than a barrel of monkeys! New trail Karate Monkey was fun, did lower Whistler DH, A-line, DM and Old School for the first time, wobbled down upper Schleyer, did a combo run from the Garbo zone, survived having my whole left crank arm tear of my bottom bracket on the DM road that leads into the step-up. Oh, and Angry Pirate has had some serious love put into it, very cool now!
Hey Carb,
What was Karate Monkey like? We're going up this weekend.

seand

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
seattle
Just a friendly heads up.

Most of No joke is no more, but that isn't new news.

In-deep is closed, as is fatcrobat. D1/too tight are also not open.

From the top you can either:

o-sin->goats gully->bear cub->no joke/ft
freight train->bear cub->o-sin->goats gully->bear cub->no joke/ft

We did two laps from the roundhouse down (before they closed the gondy for the day) giving us about 8000 vertical feet in two runs..that was nice.

Karate monkey...very easy loamy and windy warm-up style trail. Worth checking out before it gets chewed up from skidders.

Detroit Rock City, Schleyer, U/L Joyride, Lower Whis DH, and C Shoes are all running great as of last weekend.

Sidetrack is an awesome addition to Garbo Zone too..everyone should check that one out...

A-line was mint as was DM.

There will be lots of people up next weekend as it is closing weekend and Huckfest.

Hope everyone enjoys!

bikerpunk98199

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2005
the hood
Just a friendly heads up.

Most of No joke is no more, but that isn't new news.

In-deep is closed, as is fatcrobat. D1/too tight are also not open.

From the top you can either:

o-sin->goats gully->bear cub->no joke/ft
freight train->bear cub->o-sin->goats gully->bear cub->no joke/ft

We did two laps from the roundhouse down (before they closed the gondy for the day) giving us about 8000 vertical feet in two runs..that was nice.

Karate monkey...very easy loamy and windy warm-up style trail. Worth checking out before it gets chewed up from skidders.

Detroit Rock City, Schleyer, U/L Joyride, Lower Whis DH, and C Shoes are all running great as of last weekend.

Sidetrack is an awesome addition to Garbo Zone too..everyone should check that one out...

A-line was mint as was DM.

There will be lots of people up next weekend as it is closing weekend and Huckfest.

Hope everyone enjoys!
thanks you are a god