Quantcast

Whistler/BC trip early October

JustMtnB44

Monkey
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Is this a good idea? Thinking of going Oct. 4th - 11th, ride Whistler for probably 3 days then hit up some other areas like the Shore, Squamish, maybe Pemberton? I went to Whistler last August but only rode the bike park and not anywhere else, I would like to check out some other stuff this time. Seems like weather can be hit or miss that time of year. All trails and Garbanzo at Whistler will still be open until Oct 12th right? Anyone have suggestions on specific places or trails to ride outside of Whistler? Any other info would be appreciated.

JustMtnB44

Monkey
Sep 13, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Ok so trip is on, we will be flying into Seattle Oct. 6th and flying out Oct 13th. Plan is to ride Colonnade on the 6th, North Shore Oct. 7, Whistler area and bike park Oct 8-11, and Squamish on the 12th.

I'm not sure which part of the Shore I would like to ride given I'm only planning one day there. There are only two of us so shuttling is out unless we meet up with other people (anyone interested?). Looks like Fromme and the Woodlot are best non-shuttle areas. Seymour looks fun as well, even if we didn't shuttle. How many trails could be done in a day at any of those places? Which riding area would you guys recommend?

Also I haven't been able to find much info on the DH/FR trails around Squamish, but I know they exist. Is there any info on teh interwebs about them or should I just go to a local shop and ask?

One other thing, does anyone have any lodging recommendations around the Shore and Squamish?

Thanks.

Last edited: