Quantcast

Whistler July 3-10

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
So there is a group of us going to Whistler from July 3-10. We plan on riding the ski hill for 2-3 days and then riding the local trails.

Im not sure where we are going to stay yet. We have narrowed it down to the Westin, Crystal, Alpenglow, and Alpine. The Alpenglow is the cheapest and doesnt sound too bad. The Alpine is cheaper but the pool and hot tub are out of order.

Can anyone give me some pointers on where to stay? Anyone going to be there during these days?

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Originally posted by Kanter
So there is a group of us going to Whistler from July 3-10. We plan on riding the ski hill for 2-3 days and then riding the local trails.

Im not sure where we are going to stay yet. We have narrowed it down to the Westin, Crystal, Alpenglow, and Alpine. The Alpenglow is the cheapest and doesnt sound too bad. The Alpine is cheaper but the pool and hot tub are out of order.

Can anyone give me some pointers on where to stay? Anyone going to be there during these days?
Where ever you stay make sure you can have bikes in the rooms, balconies are the best! Dont trust a place thats has a special room for bikes. Ive heard of things getting stolen from these "safe" rooms...even when locked up...and the hotels dont cover the loss.

Going up next weekend myself, then wont be back till mid august. Give a shout in the PNW forum if your headed back later in the year.

D

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Anyone ever hear of Sunpath to Stoney Creek in Whistler? They have fairly cheap rooms and a hot tub in the room....

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Look into the glacier reach as well. Hottubs for most 2 bedrooms. My favorite property to party at. I was gonna pm it to you in the last pm but this works too.

and I have never heard of that place. Maybe I biked by it but it doesn't ring any bells.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
So has anyone heard of Sunpath to Stoney Creek Lodge? It has rooms with 4 beds and a in room jacuzzi all for $145 a night.

Any monkeys want to meet up with us and show us the local trails around Whistler?

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
So where is everyone staying? Where could we all meet for some beers? It would be nice to put some faces to some names.

I still need some info on Sunpath to Stoney Creek Lodge. Anyone?????

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
Originally posted by Echo
Dang, I'll be there the next week. Dunno the name of the place I'll be staying though. So I guess this post was useless :D
Will that be the week of July 12-16 or thereabouts? If so we'll see you there :D ...we being myself and other :monkey:'s SarahMaria, Castle, mobius, DBR, kirstin, AC Rider 1. We're shooting for a place at Glacier Reach. We stayed in a 2 bd. at the Stoney Creek Lagoons last year and it worked out really well.

I guess I'll also see you at Snowshoe next weekend too :cool:

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
We plan on riding Whistler for a few days but that leaves 3-4 of riding local trails or the shore. So if we are in the area, where else are some good places to ride a few hours from Whistler? Shore? Squamish? Where else?

PoserNewbie

Monkey
Feb 14, 2003
Lower Mainland, BC
Other than the bike park, there are some XC trails in the valley. The next closest riding spot from whistler is either Pemberton or Squamish. I have not had the chance to hit Pemberton yet so I can't tell much about it but there are some great riding in Squamish. Go to Tantalus bike shop in squamish and they will give you a trail map. Oh yeah, don't forget to ride the shore as well. If you guys don't feel like climbing, you can stick to Seymour and Cypress for great shuttle runs. If you don't mind a little climb, fromme has many trails to choose from.

Ashek

Chimp
May 27, 2004
Ive been lurking here for years.

I'd be up for riding / partying with you guys aswell, as im taking my vacation during that time in the whistler area too.

Im going to sun peaks for joyride for Jul 10/11 tho.
Anyone wanna get a caravan going? :D

Stoney creek Sunpath is right in the village, but it does NOT have a jacuzzi IN the room, it has one big one for all the units, and a small pool as well.. it is nice.
Roasted you do know where it is, it is across from teh alpenglow, it has the Orange roofs on Northlands Blvd, with the little waterfall out front.

Pemberton is closer than Squamish and there is a lot of trails, most shuttle able.. but you don't want to do it with a car, a truck is best, preferably 4x4.
in Pembie you can stay cheap at the Pemberton Hotel (the only place really) it is pretty ghetto though.

jon-boy

Monkey
May 26, 2004
Vancouver BC
If you're in Whistler and you want to ride some other trails Pemberton is a great place to hit up. I really love the trails there. Again there's a local shop with a map and you can either shuttle to some of the higher trails or do some of the lower ones (still a decent climb up).

I'm struggling to remember all the names of the trails right now but Cream Puff is a great trail. Wicked singletrack. Amazing views of the valley too.

I live in Vancouver and if you guys want a tour guide for Pemby I'll be happy to head up there and show you guys.

Jon.

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Originally posted by shootr
Stoney creek Sunpath is right in the village, but it does NOT have a jacuzzi IN the room, it has one big one for all the units, and a small pool as well.. it is nice.
Roasted you do know where it is, it is across from teh alpenglow, it has the Orange roofs on Northlands Blvd, with the little waterfall out front.
YEah I know the spot. I sometimes play on the rocks and further up on the concrete 'retaining' wall. Behind the cascade :)...

Only seen the units from my riding through them to find stuff to ride. Past that I have never been in the units :) Sweet looking place though.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
I will be there from the 10th-20th...I am down for a :monkey: gathering on like the 11/12/13th. Any one of those days seem to have a good number of :monkey: 's who will be on hand judging by this thread.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Where and when? Ill be there July 3-10..... Everyone post their dates they will be there and we can figure out a good day. Post your date.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Kanter, can you stay one extra day? I might be able to come a day early if not. I don't want to have a gathering on my first day on the Mtn. I would like a "warm-up" day.

my dates:

10th-20th (possibly 9th-20th)

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
My dates are - anytime. Just tell me where to meet and I will be ready for beer, I can get crashing out and maybe slc_punk if he ever actually moves out here :)

mental

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
Nelson, BC
I'll be tripping with some of the SRAM crew from the Calgary World Cup, west (via Golden and Nelson) to the Joyride in Sun Peaks, then off to Whistler on the 11th of July.

Count me in for beer and riding!

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
I will be there July 14-20th. I wanna ride with some fellow RM. I will be there with one of my friends. We will be riding a Bighit expert with 04 Supet T's and a Kona Stinky Dee-Lux with a 2004 Jr. T Anyone wanna meet up. I will be riding on the mountain 15-19 and i think my mom wants me to do the Riche Schley freeride camp. I think it might be fun. Is anyone else doing it. If so the dates I am doing it is the 17-18 of July. PM me is u wanna get together.
Price Seliger

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Originally posted by crashing_sux
I'm in. Be careful about leaving your bikes on balconies though, I had mine stolen off of my second floor balcony last summer.
We also always lock ours up. And leave lights on in our room, but even then, I bet there is some inside jobs done up there. Sleeze bag maid had keys to rooms. They see bikes on balcony, they case the joint to see you leave, then sneak in your room and steal your stuff.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Originally posted by priceseliger14
I will be there July 14-20th. I wanna ride with some fellow RM. I will be there with one of my friends. We will be riding a Bighit expert with 04 Supet T's and a Kona Stinky Dee-Lux with a 2004 Jr. T Anyone wanna meet up. I will be riding on the mountain 15-19 and i think my mom wants me to do the Riche Schley freeride camp. I think it might be fun. Is anyone else doing it. If so the dates I am doing it is the 17-18 of July. PM me is u wanna get together.
Price Seliger
You should describe your riding attire, or some other unique thing about your bikes. That descriprion will match quite a few people on the mountain on any day.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
I know my riding attire. Mine will be a Red Specialized jersy with body armore underneith. A 661 helmet with red flames. My bighit has a sticker on the Swing arm that says "Marmot" I have arrow racing wheels, Easton Carbon Monkey light DH bars. My bike is silver and the fork stantions are black with platinum lower. I will be waring oakley "white camo" goggles. I might but like a tag on my bike. Did you say you were doing the Riche Schley camp those dates? If so PM me or e-mail me.
Price Seliger

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Originally posted by oly
We need RM name tags so youll know a monkey when you see them on the hill.
So many people from here are up on weekends I am sometimes tempted to walk by the lifts and scream out ridemonkey....I am sure I would find someone haha

crashing_sux

Monkey
Jul 17, 2002
Vancouver, WA
Originally posted by oly
We need RM name tags so youll know a monkey when you see them on the hill.
I'm really easy to fine, I'm on a Nucleon ST with a 888. Haven't seen another one yet and while I'm bound to sooner or later the chances are still very good that if you see a Nucleon with a 888 at Whistler it's me.

-Shane

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Originally posted by crashing_sux
I'm really easy to fine, I'm on a Nucleon ST with a 888. Haven't seen another one yet and while I'm bound to sooner or later the chances are still very good that if you see a Nucleon with a 888 at Whistler it's me.

-Shane
I am easy to see cause there aren't that many 2002 bighit comps with 6'5 270pound riders on them. Oh and my JrT has black duct tape on the lowers to cover the chrome :)