Quantcast

whistler opening???

Mar 1, 2006
bonney lake
vibiker said:
Sounds like a hygene problem that is best kept between you and your Dr.:rofl:

The latest from the Whistler web site shows the opening day is now pushed back to May 20 (from Apr 29 ).
ouch! i guess ill just have to stick it out with the itchy nether-reigon ;)

TtotheJ

Monkey
Jan 23, 2005
B'ham, WA
Well this last weekend Mt. Baker received about 4 feet of new snow and the snow level went all the way down to 1500 feet. I imagine Whistler had much of the same so its gonna take a lot of warm weather to open Whistler any time soon. Just gonna have to do lots of Shore riding for the next two months.

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
TtotheJ said:
Well this last weekend Mt. Baker received about 4 feet of new snow and the snow level went all the way down to 1500 feet. I imagine Whistler had much of the same so its gonna take a lot of warm weather to open Whistler any time soon. Just gonna have to do lots of Shore riding for the next two months.
Ya but it could all melt really fast if it warms up soon

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Valley trails are 95% still closed, that shoudl tell you how close the mountain is.

April was an optimistic date based on previous years snow. With the proper amount of snow we got this year, it goes back to the typical opening which is may. At the rate the snow is melting, I am not getting my hopes up for any trail riding in the near future.

Netguy

Monkey
Nov 8, 2004
Whistler
I just got back from Whistler, walked up the fireroad a little, and there is still a ton of snow. Still needs a good 2-3 weeks to melt.
While people are still coming up and paying $74 for a lift ticket, its in the mountains best interest to keep it going.

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
Netguy said:
I just got back from Whistler, walked up the fireroad a little, and there is still a ton of snow. Still needs a good 2-3 weeks to melt.
While people are still coming up and paying $74 for a lift ticket, its in the mountains best interest to keep it going.
ya there probably going to try and keep skiers/borders coming for as long as possible

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Netguy said:
And it is still chilly. The potential for the snow to stick around is high. Of course they will plow the lower part of the mountain (bsx) soon and start moving the dirt they have stored up by lower a-line.

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
Roasted said:
And it is still chilly. The potential for the snow to stick around is high. Of course they will plow the lower part of the mountain (bsx) soon and start moving the dirt they have stored up by lower a-line.
Yes indeed! I was just in the mountain bike portion of there website and read the little article about how some of the guys went and skied freight train the other day hahaha
http://www.whistlerbike.com/information/updates/update1.htm

Jun 18, 2004
[/QUOTE]

I saw this pic and all it thought was: a) don't fall in a treewell & b) ski poles would come in handy on latters... someday I'm gonna snowboard A line...

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
Str8OutaBallard said:
cove rider said:
I saw this pic and all it thought was: a) don't fall in a treewell & b) ski poles would come in handy on latters... someday I'm gonna snowboard A line...
True that man True that! But for me i ski so ya skiing A-line would be sick

P.S. I fixed yer little quote mishap thingy

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
bikerpunk98199 said:
it is pretty fun skiing aline i did it earlier this year.
Nice!! i havent skiied whistler in like i thinks its been 5 years maybe i dunno its been a long time! But i got hurt this year so i didnt do much skiing or biking during the winter time. Anyway did anyone else enter that contest on the whistler site for the next mountainbiking season? Cause i did! i hope i win:D

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
cove rider said:
True that man True that! But for me i ski so ya skiing A-line would be sick

P.S. I fixed yer little quote mishap thingy
Its like riding a baby boardercross. The jumps become bumps :)

cove rider

Turbo Monkey
Jul 8, 2004
no where important
Big B said:
Thanks for the tip. I signed up too.
Sweet! Best of luck to ya (cough ya right i hope you loose sucka......to me of course) JK JK:D :P

Roasted said:
Its like riding a baby boardercross. The jumps become bumps :)
hmmm still sounds like fun! o and the first time i read yer post i thought it said "The jumps become humps" and i was like huh thats got some weird implications but then i read it again the correct way and it made much more sense:)

Netguy

Monkey
Nov 8, 2004
Whistler
cove rider said:
Yes indeed! I was just in the mountain bike portion of there website and read the little article about how some of the guys went and skied freight train the other day hahaha
http://www.whistlerbike.com/information/updates/update1.htm

This picture was taken in January, when they had 25 million feet of snow in 30 days. So there probably isnt as much right now.

PS - That bridge was so much better, before they took the mini booter off it. You could clear the entire thing.