Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
TWISTED said:
Looks like I'm heading up July 8th and 9th. :thumb:
Roasted, are you going to let me sleep on your floor? :D
You can come ride with us, we'll try to pass on some riding tips to you. :p
I hit aline today for the first time. Let me just say I am a b game rider still :)...As long as I stay on the ground i can ride a most things now. I still can't get a feel for air :D...T-bizzle and Crashing took me on it, and i plan to hit it more in the next couple of week, it just doesn't feel right to me yet haha...

Sorry, don't have that much floor. Besides, do you know how many people would be asking me for some floor if I did a public offering :D

Back to the suing. A-line looks about as perfect as you can make tables. Smooth launch and smoother landings. As Dr. Phil would say "you have to own your own injury and not blame someone else"...haha Seriously. I still havent heard anything yet, so it was either a rumour or whistler has taken care of it :D...

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
holliswood said:
. Just the name spilled to me is from the PNW on the south side of the boarder. :mad:

C'mon Bob, you got to give us a hint? Five weeks ago I took a sweet header in Whistler and came home with another concussion and a broken collar bone. But I didn't sue Whistler! That is such a crock! I get sick when I hear about jackasses not taking responsibility for their own actions. They should read the waiver on the back of their pass for starters. And second, they were in Canada, not the U.S. Whistler exsists as the worlds premeire riding venue because the laws are a bit slacker up there and the Canadians aren't sue happy like us. A place like Whistler would never fly in the U.S.
So c'mon, spill the beans!
The problem with waivers in canada is they don't count for squat. Its like a prenup here. Useless piece of paper when it comes right down to it.

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Skookum said:
i heard a rumor that Evilbob likes to start rumors. :evil:
:nope: :nope: :nope: I only pass them on if they sound serious. This particular one was passed to me by mutiple peeps that don't know each other within the span of about 3 hours. I tossed it up because it bothered me and was curious if any other Monkeys had heard similar. Because it will remain a rumor untill someone with solid facts displays them I cannot be the one to say who it was (trueth or not). On a positive note this tread does prove that as we have a common interest, we also share in common ethics and try to practice what we believe and ultimately are responsible for. To the person who I cannot name, if you were thinking of the rumored action or even had an attitude toward the people and park, I hope seeing how fellow bikers feel about this subject has and will forever change your mind in persuing a course of action of this type. Another positive from this thread was the constructive ideas regaurding skill level and how to assure that all skill levels have a place and that it is fun for all. Way cool :thumb:

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
holliswood said:
. Just the name spilled to me is from the PNW on the south side of the boarder. :mad:

C'mon Bob, you got to give us a hint? Five weeks ago I took a sweet header in Whistler and came home with another concussion and a broken collar bone. But I didn't sue Whistler! That is such a crock! I get sick when I hear about jackasses not taking responsibility for their own actions. They should read the waiver on the back of their pass for starters. And second, they were in Canada, not the U.S. Whistler exsists as the worlds premeire riding venue because the laws are a bit slacker up there and the Canadians aren't sue happy like us. A place like Whistler would never fly in the U.S.
So c'mon, spill the beans!
Sorry buddy, no can do unless I'm at ground zero with the facts. Just wouldn't be fair. How's that shoulder mending? I hate breakin that bone (4 times left side).
:angry:

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Velocity Girl said:
I agree...spill the beans! The person needs a :nuts: (I'm liking that smiley today!) Jason got hurt up there a few weekends ago as well....but I was there and even have photographic evidence that it was no one's fault but his own and I'd personally kick his butt if even thought of suing :eek: :p
Is he healing up ok? Saw the pic as did Robert and we just sat there looking and thinking how bad that was....ouch.

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
evilbob said:
Another positive from this thread was the constructive ideas regaurding skill level and how to assure that all skill levels have a place and that it is fun for all. Way cool :thumb:
Yeah I was going to apologize for derailing the thread. But this does bother me. I can't ride a-line yet but I would hate to see it wussed down. Its a goal for me, type of thing. To have it reduced would suck.

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
evilbob said:
Sorry buddy, no can do unless I'm at ground zero with the facts. Just wouldn't be fair. How's that shoulder mending? I hate breakin that bone (4 times left side).
:angry:

Hey Bob,
The shoulder is doing great! I won't be able to finish the WIM, but I should be back on my bike by the Crankworx festival. Hopefully I won't do that again! Mine was the left side as well. Hey, if you hear any more on this "sue happy" person let us know. Even if this person attempts to sue, I highly doubt anything will come of it. They would have to prove neglegence on the mountains part, and in most riding situations, its the patrons fault. See ya' soon! :sneaky:

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
shootr said:
If you are going to be up here in early July, and would like to ride a trail with features that are correctly termed "expert level" PM me. I will give you my digits and I will be happy to take you there.... It is a short, fast, flowy trail with decent sized hits. It is in the Whistler Valley.
(note: this trail is almost sure to be included in some prominent MTB movies late this year or early next season, so this would be an opportunity to ride something that most people will only know about next year.. but bring your "A" game)
Hahaha....that's funny. We were just talking to another PNW rider yesterday about hitting a 'more private' DH trail in the valley.

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
evilbob said:
Is he healing up ok? Saw the pic as did Robert and we just sat there looking and thinking how bad that was....ouch.
He's doing better. His rib is still a bit sore, but it's healing. We're both just itching to get back out on our bikes. With all this moving stuff we haven't ridden in a few weeks. We'll hopefully be hitting up Diablo and Pkill both in the next few weekends :D

Lumberjack

Monkey
Jan 24, 2003
PNW
Did anyone ever figure out which US peep threatened to sue? Considering how many riders have ended up on the injured list this year it only takes 1 wanker to screw it up for everyone. :nuts: