Quantcast

whistler schleyer trail?

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
i was watching a video on pinkbike and it was of a rider hitting the schleyer dh trail at whisler. it didnt look bad at all for a ht. most of the stuff i saw was stuff i can already do on my ht. so are most fo the whistler trails like this? meaning ht accesible or is a dually really needed seeing as how i only want to bring one bike there if i hopefully go this summer. and would that crazy canada no hardtail DH law prohibit me from doing this or would i have more fun on an FS?

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
also, this could quite posibly be my next bike:

24 bicycles silver le toy 4
2003 zoke shiver DC
azonic outlaw wheelset
mrb bones cranks/guide
hayes 8in discs
maxxis rubber
thompson post
xt rear der.
other than that i think ill swap parts from my other ht

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by mcA896
would that crazy canada no hardtail DH law prohibit me from doing this or would i have more fun on an FS?
i think it might be repealed by august or so, so if you're going up late in the season you just might be ok. check back here for updates, of course, as we've got our finger firmly on the pulse of Canada :D

Earthmover

Chimp
Feb 25, 2002
Terra Forma
My buddy rode his Brooklyn Park bike up there last year. We hit every good trail (read: diamonds, not circles or squares) He thought it was great, but was pretty rattled by the end of the day. Pretty much all the drops and jumps are HT friendly, but the braking bumps are what gets you after a couple hours.

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
i guess i just wont use my brakes then:p actually im pretty loose when i ride my ht and im not sure if thats a good thing but my body absorbs most of the bumps

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
So youll be traveling from Cape Cod? Thats a long ways to find out the hardtail is too brutal. They do rent FS bikes all over the village so if it is too harsh your not totally F'ed, but then you shelling out more $$. I think most the people on hardtails are locals who are riding the hour or so that they have before going to wash dishes or clean hotel rooms.

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Originally posted by oly
So youll be traveling from Cape Cod? Thats a long ways to find out the hardtail is too brutal. They do rent FS bikes all over the village so if it is too harsh your not totally F'ed, but then you shelling out more $$. I think most the people on hardtails are locals who are riding the hour or so that they have before going to wash dishes or clean hotel rooms.
;)...or 110pound kids from the north shore who don't have old wrists and ankles :)...

I do actually know 2 real ht riders. But these guys are both skilled beyond belief and ride every day all the time so after 4 years there bodies have gotten used to it.