Quantcast

Whistler today?

ryanxj

Chimp
Apr 27, 2006
EXACTLY! Also, the bear count is now up to 10, in 2 days. If the trails aren't challenging enough, you can run from the bears. They are all over the place this year, and 2 feet off the trail in most places with 2 or 3 cubs in tow. Crazy.

:shocked: :shocked: That cant be good! Just imagine coming around a corner at speed and centerpunching a mama bear in the ribs with your front tire. Your day would ruined to say the least.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
:shocked: :shocked: That cant be good! Just imagine coming around a corner at speed and centerpunching a mama bear in the ribs with your front tire. Your day would ruined to say the least.
1. Dropped the clown shoes ladder at the end and rode up that bank.........within about 5 feet of a bear sitting there looking at me.

2. Came around the left hand corner that leads to the GLC drops and watch the guy in front of me lock up the wheels and ditch for no reason.........I shut it down and veer right.......and notice he's laying on the ground at the feet of a bear.....****er didn't even flinch.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Yesterday a family of them was sitting in one of the damn berms on crabapple corners, and the day before, probably the same family, was grazing their way past the entrace to ho chi minh. Both times we all had to shut it down and wait for them to mosey along.

Strangely enough I didn't see a single one up top where it was nice and cool.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
Might be there tomorrow... depends on cash flow since I still haven't bought a pass. I'll probably get the 3-day one and maintain the $35 per day fee after (or so someone claimed). Also depends if I can get a hold of a big-ted (Rob) to get that spring.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
almost smoked one a week ago on aline, damn fuzzy cows. anyways wish i could ride, just woke up and waiting for the post man to arrive so i can rip but probably wont happen. im working tonight at cittas you guys should stop in and say hi. ill be rocking some form of a deity shirt most likely

big-ted

Danced with A, attacked by C, fired by D.
Sep 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Might be there tomorrow... depends on cash flow since I still haven't bought a pass. I'll probably get the 3-day one and maintain the $35 per day fee after (or so someone claimed). Also depends if I can get a hold of a big-ted (Rob) to get that spring.
Just on my way now... ;)

And it's true about additional days on the triple play by the way!

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
EXACTLY! Also, the bear count is now up to 10, in 2 days. If the trails aren't challenging enough, you can run from the bears. They are all over the place this year, and 2 feet off the trail in most places with 2 or 3 cubs in tow. Crazy.
sounds like diablo, not challenging enough

LukeD

Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
Massachusetts
i was there a few weeks ago and right before i dropped into tempest a black bear walked up the trail towards me...pretty cool lol

elRey

Turbo Monkey
Spending today in Bellingham and then going to be in Whistler from monday till wednesday or thursday. I'll be either be wearing a TLD jersey, like everyone else, or my sweet Mcdonalds Car NASCAR t-shirt. I'm riding a 2005 stinky surpreme:-)bonk: ). If you see me, come say 'hey.

Bear Story- Last year after my run I get to the bottom of the GLC and see that everyone is pointing and looking towards the drops. I look up and there is a bear sitting on the top of the tranny for the big drop. It walked around the base of the drop for about 15 minutes with people literally flying over it every couple minutes. It was RAD. It eventually got scared and ran up the drop and then down the backside of that little hill. When I was up there last year I saw at least 4 or 5 bears every day.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
Couldn't go today... a couple things came up as well as having some brake issues. I'd like to go next weekend but I'm stuck going to some party in Victoria for someone in my gf's family.

Any ideas on how to get out of that one?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Couldn't go today... a couple things came up as well as having some brake issues. I'd like to go next weekend but I'm stuck going to some party in Victoria for someone in my gf's family.

Any ideas on how to get out of that one?
Well the only way is to break up with the girlfriend, otherwise, you are screwed.

DHperu

Monkey
Apr 14, 2005
hey frasier...i'm in whistler with a buddy and just got in today....it would be awesome to go riding with you tomorrow. what time are you going riding???

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
hey frasier...i'm in whistler with a buddy and just got in today....it would be awesome to go riding with you tomorrow. what time are you going riding???
I won't be riding in whistler again until saturday. I leave early tomorrow morning for vancouver island for Canadian National championships. Sorry man.

DHperu

Monkey
Apr 14, 2005
man..everybody seems to be leaving whistler for that race!! and i just got here..haha

cool, no probs, good luck and hopefully we can get some ridin' on sunday

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
man..everybody seems to be leaving whistler for that race!! and i just got here..haha

cool, no probs, good luck and hopefully we can get some ridin' on sunday
Ya, it is a pretty big event out here. A canada cup followed by nationals all withing 4 days, at the same venue. Also, there is still 2 national team DH spots available for elite men, so competition will be fierce on Sunday for those wanting to earn a spot.

SlackBoy

Monkey
Apr 1, 2002
Wellington, New Zealand
Hindi!
hes in whistler?
crap, we are headed up for 2 weeks, in 3 weeks, doubt he will still be there. Tell him Stik and Leigh said eh.
Will do. He's back here at the end of the week. Just a short trip. Old bones and all. Same time...ish next year is in the plans tho.
Buggar better not have gotten to used to the bike, I was pretty much able to keep on his tail for the most part the other week. He's pretty comfortable in the air still tho.