Quantcast

Whistler vacation

jodysbike

wheel man
Oct 11, 2001
Dune
DBR X6 RIDER said:
That would be sweet. Even if it doesn't turn out to be all that you had hoped for, you're still at Whistler all the same.:cool:
Last time I was at Whistler I watched some guys in the class for a while. I saw a guy go from almost pissing his pants about trying to ride off a 3 foot drop to taking the rock drop on A line in two days time. Now you still have to do it your self but if you have someone that you know has beat fear showing you how they pick lines and overcome the fear it can help.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
there is no way I would pay someone to show me how to ride a bike.

jodysbike

wheel man
Oct 11, 2001
Dune
pnj said:
there is no way I would pay someone to show me how to ride a bike.
You've paid someone to show you how to ride many times. You paid for gas on road trips, the mini mart guy for your food, sometimes hotel clearks, all to go ride in places out of town at bikes jams, contest, ect. You watched other riders and talked about riding and bike set up. You paid pro riders when you got a parts from a company that they ride for. That time Shawn McKenney came up and rode at Curtis's house. Didn't you in a round about way pay him for what you learned when riding with him by buying Primo parts over the next few years and the previous years. You may have never given money directly to someone but neither would I. If you look at it you already pay those guys to show you how to ride by buying videos and bike parts.
I would see it as a way to get a guided tour of the mountain, advice on the best lines to take, a lift ticket and a hotel.
Besides I need a planed vacation with no hassles. I'll make somewhere in the area of $120,000 this year and I'm going to spend it!
:evil:

Nov 14, 2004
W.Seattle
i think its a good idea if you know knowone and are just getting into it.
the thing that is weird to me tho is the folks who buy massivly expensive bike and yet dont really use them for what they are ment for.

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
jodysbike said:
I would see it as a way to get a guided tour of the mountain, advice on the best lines to take, a lift ticket and a hotel.
Besides I need a planed vacation with no hassles.
:stupid: :stupid: :stupid:

Sounds like not too bad of a deal. A friend of mine did this camp, or a similar one, and one of the "Off park" times they went with all the guys on a Heli-drop for an extra $80 or something.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
shut up jody! :D

for all the money I've spent on or around bikes (gas, food, parts, pads etc) someone should be paying me. :)

I'd be a millionaire if I hadn't of spent it allready.....

jodysbike

wheel man
Oct 11, 2001
Dune
pnj said:
shut up jody! :D

for all the money I've spent on or around bikes (gas, food, parts, pads etc) someone should be paying me. :)

I'd be a millionaire if I hadn't of spent it allready.....

:D :D :D

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
My gf did one of the 3 day womens only camps and thought it was great. She learned a lot in 3 days. I spent a week at whistler 2 seasons ago. Just riding the same trails alone for that long teaches you a lot. If you have the $$, do it.

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
Seemed like I progressed hella while at Whistler without any help. I learned 1 footers, no footers, styling stuff. I raged rock gardens i would have walked through at home. And I got faster. and did skinnies I never thought I could do. I day at whistler is like 10 rides after all.

So you don't need instruction, you will rage it nonetheless.