Quantcast

whistler weekend roll call

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
I gotta work, won't be making it up until ... well crap Ijust realized they are only open weekends...guess I am not going up until May 23rd...oh well another month of trails, djing and park won't kill me :)

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Five said:
Still not done? What's up with that?
Well, for starters, it's not done yet. Just awaiting a headset that's hopefully off the assembly-line at this point. As is the norm, my fingers are crossed but I won't hold my breath.
I do have a loaner bike for right now, but it's a large (read - LARGE). It will get me in the woods, but I wouldn't trust it up there or any serious terrain.

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
east of Seattle
Andy, if you drive me up there, I will either give you a headset and press it for you or let you borrow one of my bikes.

interested?

DBR X6 RIDER said:
Well, for starters, it's not done yet. Just awaiting a headset that's hopefully off the assembly-line at this point. As is the norm, my fingers are crossed but I won't hold my breath.
I do have a loaner bike for right now, but it's a large (read - LARGE). It will get me in the woods, but I wouldn't trust it up there or any serious terrain.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Sorry:o:

Thanks! I have a headset on order...somewhere. I need one for a 1.5 headtube w/ 1 1/8 reducer for the steerer tube with minimal-to-no stack height. Damned new bikes. Always something to slow you down or cripple you altogether.

I want my come-uppance!!!

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
east of Seattle
OK. so... who has a space for me?

need half beat parts? gas cash? a hug? tips on how to change a flat?

I'm your man!!! drive me to whistler and I will make your dreams come true.

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
Well there is already at least 20 people here (doesn't seem like a lot but the mountain isn't even open yet) I saw a bunch of guys chilling at base looking up the mountain hahaha

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Got back last night from Whistler - it was awesome. Weather was good and the trails were pretty awesome. A-line was smoove and the lips on the jumps were huge. Schleyer was fast. A little bit of mud on upper Dirt Merchant, but otherwise a fun day!

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
krustydude said:
any pics of the first day? can't wait to head up there. were there many people there?
I left the camera at home this time - just wanted to ride and not worry about taking photos. The line got long around lunch time, but then they opened up the gondola for bikes and the line was more reasonable.