Quantcast

White Castle

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I've heard about their sliders for years, but never eaten them. I tried the frozen versions recently and they were inedible. I just read a blog talking about how the fresh ones are just as bad and the meat does not seem to be meat.

Why do people like these things?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
It's the adventure. They taste like heaven when you're stoned and it's a two mile walk across campus in the middle of the night.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The frozen ones don't seem to have the extra onion and grease ooze on them like the real life ones do. I used to love the damn things but haven't had one in close to a decade. The key to white castle is to also get an order of cheese sticks as a 'binding agent'.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
my record of eating w/c is 1.25 crave cases. fun stuff really good stuff. i found out today they are going to build one close to my house im happy.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
wow, that's an old reference. Are they even in business still?
I grew up on that stuff. I do have one 30 miles from me and I raved about it for a year and finally took an ex down there and was disappointed.

I'd kill for some Shakeys Pizza and root beer in a frosted mug! Ahh, childhood...

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I miss Godfathers Pizza (even with the meat pellets).
Godfathers Pizza ruled!!!

I have never had a White Castle burger though. Our version here in the dirrrty souf' are Krystals & the same stipulations apply to eating them...you must not be seeing straight & it has to be after 2am.

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
I grew up on that stuff. I do have one 30 miles from me and I raved about it for a year and finally took an ex down there and was disappointed.

I'd kill for some Shakeys Pizza and root beer in a frosted mug! Ahh, childhood...
Got a Shakey's overhere in SoCal... quite a few of them actually

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
mmmm, I can smell the oil dripping off the deep dish peperoni pizza right now. The Shakey's in Redlands, CA is still old school with the brick oven and frosted "Glass" mugs. The one in San Diego, is all modern with "plastic" mugs. I think it's a reformed chucky cheese

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I like the fries. Always super hot and kind of flaky. Just salt no ketchup. I usually go to the one in Sunnyside on Queens Blvd or the one in Astoria. The ones in Queens seem better then most of the other ones I have been to. The older ones seem better then the newer ones in the quality of the beef also. Everyone I have ever been to in Jersey sucks.....

bobushka king

Irontaint
Jun 26, 2007
I have a white castle about 2 miles or so from my house and I agree with everyone elses consensus. They are only good sober if you eat them in moderation (maybe one every other month or so and you need to have a craving for them) but drunk or stoned is a whole other story. Being drunk and eating white castle has to be the equivalent of screwing on E, it's simply orgasmic. Plus the people you meet there har some of the straingest characters ever (mostly because everyone there s just as, if not more, drunk and/or stoned as you).

I hear White Castle breakfast is banging though

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Shakey's is the first pizza place I can remember going. It was also the first place I can remember seeing a video game, Pong of course. That's gotta be near 35 years ago or so. CRAP I got old somewhere.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
:drool: You are making me home sick. I have many good memories of Krystals. My Dad used to take me there when I was a kid as a treat and when I was older there were many 1/2 to 3/2 drunk pre- and post- Vol football game runs for a big bag of 12. The best part are those little mushy grilled onions.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I feel left out on this "gourmet" burger business thing.

I went to a Utah local chain called Arctic Circle yesterday. I ordered a combo meal because I was starving before a job interview and it was on the way. I was expecting ****ty fast food ground beef on my burger, but no, this was worse...so much worse. A jellyfied lavender-grey mass of crap. I took a bite and chucked it. I would've been pissed off, but it was at this point that I deduced that the clutch in my car is on its way out, so my rage was focused elsewhere. I suppose it's probably the local equivalent of White Castle...

The Greek burger chains seem to be the Utah version of In-n-Out, but they still aren't as good. :(

n00dlez

Chimp
Apr 4, 2007
Woodbridge, New Jersey
People like white castle because sliders are amazing, don't be fooled into thinking it's actual food though. The whole burger looks like a toy, plastic meat and all. White castle is also open 24-7 so you can enjoy synthetic food at any hour of the night. The one thing that makes White Castle truly stand out though is that they're like the Cosco of fast food restaurants, they sell burgers in bulk. No other place can you get a suitecase-sized box of mini hamburgers than at White Castle. If you can get around the stunning intestinal pyrotechnics that follow eating some sliders, they're awesome.

Sorry for the novel....just thought I'd share my feelings on the matter...